You are here: Home // LV Life // New religious club reaches out to La Verne students

New religious club reaches out to La Verne students

Pui Lok Choi

A new campus Bible study club aims to spread the word of Christ.

Christ’s X Factor meets weekly on Tuesdays at 7 p.m. in the Chapel and aims to teach students the word of the Lord.

The group has been meeting since the start of spring semester and hopes to influence more students to attend.

“The goal of the club is to build relationships with God and help people,” said Tiffany Spears, a sophomore communications major and president of the club. “Anyone is welcome to attend, even if you are not Christian.”

At a recent meeting of the club, Pastor Terry Rhone led the group in prayer and began the meeting with his enthusiasm and teachings.

“I have been saved by Christ since I was 9,” Rhone said. “I hope to affirm and strengthen faith for believers and reach out to non-believers. I want people to have an abundant life through Christ.”

The club consists of just eight members, but the students who attend the meetings regularly say they love it. Although the level of dedication surpasses the attedance of the organization, the group’s high spirits allow for a great experience for students.

Loren Rojas, a senior club member, believes that this is a great club for the University of La Verne.

“I love it and I am glad we have it here,” Rojas said. “Since I’ve been attending school at La Verne, I wanted to start going to church or go to a Bible study and this gives me and other students a chance to learn about God.”

Club meetings involve singing worship music, and members have a chance to catch up with one another during their meeting.

“I think the club is a great way to enrich your life, answer questions about God and understand God and the truth,” said Sam Rhone, a freshman history major and the son of Pastor Rhone.

Christ’s X Factor allows students to have a place of prayer and devotion that is convenient for members; whether it through be singing or sharing thoughts.

Every meeting concludes in prayer allowing members to let go of their troubles.

Pui Lok Choi can be reached at pui.choi@laverne.edu.

There are no revisions for this post.