You are here: Home // Fashion & Beauty, LV Life // Fall fashion week highlights bold new trends

Fall fashion week highlights bold new trends

Ashley Sourapas

Fall fashion trends have women rethinking their wardrobe and seeing red.

The lead fashion magazines, Vogue and Elle, report the color red, fur and right angle color-blocking are emerging trends.

“This season’s runway inspired me to update my style,” Kelsey Sergison, movement and sports science major, said.

According to Elle, the color red can transform any woman into a sexier version of herself.

“I love the color red for fall,” senior Meghan O’Dell said.

This fall red can be seen in coats, gowns, jewelry, lip color, nail color and shoes.

“Red lipstick adds a bold statement to any simple outfit,” Sergison said

Celebrities such as Kate Winslet and Lea Michele are a just a few who have been photographed wearing this bold and sexy new “it” color.

Fur coats and vests are also a key trend and favorite for fall fashion week.

“I like fur, but I’m definitely not into real fur,” O’Dell said.

Gucci, Louis Vuitton and Missoni are some popular designers who have included bright color fur into their fall collections.

“I like fur as long as it’s minimal, too much can get a little crazy,” Sergison said. “It has to be fake fur too; I love animals.”

Pink, red, purple, green and blue are just a few vibrant colors of fur that paraded down the runway.

Coats, ponchos and shawls were the desired accents for the fur ensembles.

According to Vogue, right angle color-blocking is another must have in every woman’s closet.

Right angle color-blocking is the use of shapes and different blocks of colors to arrange an interesting pattern.

“Design houses such as Balenciaga and Celine combine different shapes to create stunning patterns,” said Whitney Torgerson, a freelance stylist.

Issey Miyake sent his models down the runway in right angle hair cuts inspired by Vidal Sassoon in the 1960s.

“I like right angle blocking, but I’m not too sure if I would be willing to wear it,” O’Dell said.

Torgerson said a right angle color blocking blouse is the perfect match to any skinny jean and boot for a night out on the town.

Sweaters, coats and blouses are just a few right angle color-blocking favorites.

According to Elle, the more right angles the better.

Right angles have also been showcased in accessories like sunglasses, handbags, jewelry and shoes.

“Fall fashion week was a great success,” Torgerson said. “Many celebrities are already paving the way with their favorite trends.”

Do not be left behind while fashion moves forward. Retailers such as Nordstrom, Urban Outfitters, Forever 21 and Anthropologie are where designer trends can be found.

Ashley Sourapas can be reached at ashley.sourapas@laverne.edu.

Tags: ,