You are here: Home // LV Life // Color Me Mine fires up creativity

Color Me Mine fires up creativity

Grace, a resident of San Dimas whose mother would not give her last name, makes gifts for her family at Color Me Mine, a “paint-your-own” pottery studio. Located on Arrow Highway in San Dimas, Color Me Mine offers special days and activities for its customers, such as Ladies’ Night, Date Night, PJ Night and Mommy & Me days. The studio also holds birthday parties. / photo by Christian Uriarte

Cindy Vallejo

Color Me Mine, a paint-it-yourself ceramic studio in San Dimas, is a place to be for fun and family and bonding time.

The San Dimas store is part of a franchise that has locations in 11 different countries.

“The best thing about Color Me Mine is that you get to do quality bonding time while creating something special to remember that moment,” Gloria Magcalas, co-owner of Color Me Mine San Dimas said.

The way Color Me Mine works is customers pay an initial studio fee of $10 for adults or $6 for children. Once the studio fee is paid, the customers pick any ceramic piece they like.

There are various ceramic pieces such as those for dinnerware, pets, garden and home interior.

They also have Disney characters and a kid section for little painters.

The total cost of coming to Color Me Mine depends on the price of the ceramic piece the customer has chosen.

After selecting a ceramic piece, customers get to relax and have fun painting while spending time with loved ones.

When the customer is finished, Color Me Mine will glaze and fire the customer’s one-of-a-kind artwork in the kiln.

Since it takes several hours for the pieces to fire in the kiln, customers come back another day to pick up their artwork and take it home.

Color Me Mine in San Dimas makes customer service and satisfaction one of their top priorities.

“One thing that makes us standout is our customer service because there are many customers that come from areas where there are other Color Me Mines closer, but they choose to come over here with us due to our friendly customer service,” Tracy Johnson, co-owner of Color Me Mine San Dimas, said.

“When I went to Color Me Mine with my sorority, Sigma Kappa, we were in a very large group and I thought that the employees there were going to get overwhelmed but they were not, they were really helpful,” Justine Coyle, a biology major, said.

Color Me Mine has a monthly calendar that shows all of the specials, workshops, and programs they offer.

Color Me Mine in San Dimas also holds Save the Ta-Tas Foundation and Make a Wish Foundation fundraising events where they give 50 percent of their profits on that day to the non-profit organization.

When I went in for my first time both of the owners were friendly and helpful when I was my ceramic selection. I chose a basketball ceramic piece because I wanted to make something for my boyfriend.

There were many different tools available to decorate my ceramic piece, such as stencils.

The studio also had a wide selection of paint hues and brushes that I could use.

The owners gave me suggestions and made me feel confident about decorating my ceramic piece.

For more information about Color Me Mine, visit sandimas.colormemine.com.

Like Color Me Mine San Dimas on Facebook and receive $1 off your total purchase. Bring this article to the store receive $5 off your purchase.

Cindy Vallejo can be reached at cindy.vallejo@laverne.edu.