University of La Verne began offering courses and degrees in San Luis Obispo County in the early ‘90s. The Central Coast Campus opened in 2004 and house in addition to classrooms and administrative offices, a computer lab, and a curriculum lab for educators. The campus also serves the Santa Maria Valley by offering numerous degrees locally.
- Tuition for undergraduate classes is $592 per semester hour. Estimated cost of degree is $26,048. Grants, scholarships, and Federal financial aid is available.
- Tuition for graduate classes is $757 per semester hour. Estimated cost of degree is $25,000-28,766. Federal financial aid is available.
- Spring 2016 Term: Mar 21 – May 29, 2016
- Summer 2016 Term: Jun 6 – Aug 14, 2016
Advising begins on a prospective student’s first visit to the regional campus or satellite location. Our admissions representatives explain all aspects of our degree programs and empower students to decide whether a La Verne program is right for them. Prospective undergraduates are encouraged to request a preliminary assessment of their prior course work before applying for admission. This evaluation provides an estimate of how many more courses and how much more time will be required to graduate.
After Applying for Admission
Your admission representatives will help you with the admission process, partner with you to plan your courses, and answer any questions as you progress toward graduation.
- The Academic Merit Scholarship is for undergraduate students with a strong scholastic record from previously attended colleges and universities. Click here to learn more. Speak with the campus admission representative for details.
- The New Teacher Initiative Scholarship (for undergrads) is available to those who qualify. Click here to learn more. Speak with the campus admission representative for details.
Class flexibility allows students to work full time as they complete their degree, while small classes create the atmosphere needed to learn from professors and peers.
Personal attention from La Verne staff members means you will never feel like a number; there is always someone with whom you can speak.
These programs follow an accelerated term schedule:
- Master of Business Administration for Experienced Professionals, M.B.A.
- Education (Special Emphasis), M.Ed.
- M.S. Educational Counseling/Pupil Personnel Services: School Counseling Credential
- Educational Leadership, M.Ed.
- Multiple Subject (Elementary) Credential
- Preliminary Administrative Services Credential
- Single Subject (Secondary) Credential
Driving Directions and Parking
From the south, take Hwy 101 and Exit at Price Street in Pismo Beach. Turn right at the first light. The sign will say Hinds Road. After the turn, you are on Price Canyon Road. Follow the country road until you reach the traffic light. Turn left. Continue approximately 4 miles, pass the airport and the campus is on the left hand side in the Creekside Center.
From the north, take Hwy101, exit at Los Osos Valley Road. Turn left and go over the overpass. Turn left at the next light onto Higuera Road. Turn right at Tank Farm Road (second light). Follow road and turn right at broad Street. Pass the gas station on the corner and turn right into the parking lot at the Creekside Center.
- Parking is available in front of the building in the parking lot. Students may park anywhere.
- The Central Coast Campus is located on the second floor of the 4119 building, above the blood bank.
University of La Verne
Central Coast Regional Campus
4119 Broad Street, Suite 200
San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
Direct Dial: 805-788-6200
Office Extension: 6200
Kitt Vincent Nicole Zolty Darren Avrit Susan Walsh Julie Elvin, Ph.D.
(same extension for Vandenberg)
Direct Dial: 805-788-6202
Office Extension: 6202
Curriculum Lab Supervisor
Direct Dial: 805-788-6209
Office Extension: 6209
Co-Chair, full-time faculty – Liberal Studies Program
Direct Dial: 805-788-6207
Office Extension: 6207
Assistant Professor of Education
Regional Academic Coordinator
Child Development Program
Regional Director of Teacher Education Programs
Assistant Professor of Education
Direct Dial: 805-788-6206
Office Extension: 6206
Julie Elvin, Ph.D.