- Jean Zaru
- Hoping and Struggling: Reflections from Palestine
- Founders Hall
The University of La Verne
1950 Third Street
La Verne, California
- Thursday, April 18, 2002 10:30 am
About the Speaker:
Jean Zaru, from Ramallah, Palestine, is the Presiding Clerk of the Ramallah Friends Meeting and one of the founding members of Sabeel, a Palestinian Liberation Theology Center in Jerusalem. She is currently on its Board of Directors.
Zaru has been and continues to be the keynote speaker at numerous conferences around the world and her papers have been published in numerous books. She has spoken to nongovernmental organizations and religious groups in Holland, Denmark, England, Sweden, Norway, Geneva, Nairobi, Australia, South Africa, the United States, and Canada.
Over the years, she has participated in many inter-religious dialogue groups. She is a peacemaker and committed to nonviolent struggle to end the occupation of her country.
Related Posts from the Archives:
- University of La Verne to Showcase True Story of Peace Activist, Rachel Corrie
- Noted Activist, Author Nontombi Naomi Tutu to Speak as ULV's 2007 Fasnacht Lecturer
- Acclaimed Anti-racist Author, Activist Tim Wise to Speak
- Peace Corps Director and U.S. Congressman to Speak at University of La Verne Commencement Ceremonies
- World-Renown Writer on International Affairs to Speak at the University of La Verne