What: The University of La Verne Music Department will present “No Ordinary Woman,” a special Mother’s Day concert celebrating women in music. The event will feature works by female composers and poets.
The event will include La Verne Artist in Residence and pianist Grace Xia Zhao, award-winning soprano Courtney Huffman, violinist Alex Russell and cellist Joy Song Thompson. Selections will include Gwyneth Walker’s “No Ordinary Woman!” Chopin’s Fantasia-Impromptu, Clara Schumann’s Piano Trio Op. 17 and the World Premiere of Timothy Takach’s “Where Beauty Comes From” with poetry by Julia Klatt Singer. La Verne English Professor Dr. Cathy Irwin will also be reciting poetry for mothers.
This event is open to the public. General admission is $10, for students and mothers $5.
When: Sunday, May 13, 2012, 3 p.m.
Where: University of La Verne’s Morgan Auditorium, 1950 Third St. La Verne, CA 91750
Contacts: Alisha Rosas, Assistant Director of Media Relations, University of La Verne
(909) 593-3511 ext. 4608 or (909) 702-3205, email@example.com.
Related Posts from the Archives:
- Department of Music presents Spring Concert, “I Am In Need of Music”
- Spirit of Ireland Comes to Life in Evening of Music, Song and Dance
- La Verne Offers Free American Jazz Institute Concert
- Music Department Opens Holiday Season on Festive Note with Annual Christmas Concert
- Music of Legendary American Composer Cole Porter Theme of Upcoming Concert at ULV