Dion Johnson, Director of University Art Galleries, was recently featured in “The World’s Top 200 Collectors” edition of ARTnews, because some of those collections include his work. Johnson’s “Moonlight” was singled out in the collection of property magnate Ron Pizzuti. Some of Johnson’s newest works are on exhibition as “Velocity” at the De Buck Gallery in New York City through July 19. His work will also be shown at the inaugural Art Southampton art fair, July 27-30, on Long Island, New York. Some of his works can also be viewed at the University of La Verne, including in Leo Hall.
“Johnson’s extraordinary use of acrylic paint,” De Buck Gallery notes, “creates almost digital landscapes, enhanced by his ability to camouflage both brush and stroke. Johnson’s distinctive technique solicits the viewer’s closer examination, although there is no trace of line to be found. Johnson’s large-scale canvases are visual experiences in precision, beauty, design, and most importantly, color.”
Related Posts from the Archives:
- Dion Johnson exhibits at De Buck Gallery, New York City
- Dion Johnson contributes “Wish” to “Art Within Reach”
- Dion Johnson exhibits at Pacific Design Center
- Artist Almond Zigmund Blends Painting, Sculpture and Design in "Plane Suite" Installation at Tall Wall Space
- Time is Now for “Tomorrow Never Knows” Harris Art Gallery Exhibit Showcasing Works of Ruby Osorio, Macha Suzuki