What: The University of La Verne College of Law is extending an invitation to the public for an upcoming lecture featuring the California 28th Chief Justice Tani G. Cantil-Sakuye.
When: Monday, February 11, 2013, 6:30 to 7:30 p.m.
Where: University of La Verne College of Law
320 E. D Street, Ontario, CA 91764
Details: Register Here.
Chief Justice Tani Gorre Cantil-Sakauye was sworn into office as Chief Justice of California on January 3, 2011. She is the first Asian-Filipina American and the second woman to serve as the state’s Chief Justice. After former Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger nominated her as Chief Justice on July 22, 2010, the California State Bar Judicial Nominees Evaluation Commission rated her as exceptionally well qualified for the position. At a public hearing on August 25, 2010, she was unanimously confirmed by the Commission on Judicial Appointments, and in a general election on November 2, 2010, an overwhelming majority of voters elected her to that position. Chief Justice Cantil-Sakauye chairs the Judicial Council of California, the administrative policymaking body of state courts, and the Commission on Judicial Appointments.
Related Posts from the Archives:
- La Verne Introduces New Chief Diversity and Inclusivity Officer
- California Community Foundation CEO Antonia Hernandez Speaker at President's Associates Lecture
- Part-time Faculty is new Chief of Police in Rialto
- Radio Host to Present Sound Art Lecture at the University of La Verne
- College of Law to Dedicate New Facility