The LA Opera is performing a production of The Magic Dream at the University of La Verne Friday, February 1.
Elementary students from La Verne are invited to attend this adaptation of Mozart’s The Magic Flute as part of the LA Opera’s educational outreach program. Bonita Unified School District Music Teacher Deborah Waas, is coordinating the student participation.
LA Opera’s fully staged production, which includes six opera singers, is for students in third grade through sixth grade.
According to the show’s description, “…this lighthearted show is a wildly imaginative and engaging celebration of Mozart’s opera, The Magic Flute.”
“This is an educational engagement event for elementary students that LA Opera is offering and taking to various communities where they have established connections in the greater LA area,” La Verne Professor of Music Kathy Lamkin said. “We are pleased that they have invited the University of La Verne to be a part of this significant educational endeavor.”
“The Magic Dream” will be performed in the Ann & Steve Morgan Auditorium at 10:00 a.m.
This event is currently closed to the public.
Related Posts from the Archives:
- La Verne Grad Students to Host Educational Workshops for Children at Yorba Elementary School
- LA Opera to Present Free Recital April 16 in La Verne’s Morgan Auditorium
- Prof. Paro takes students to Croatia to sing in his Opera Production
- Children Can Discover Spectacle, Excitement of Opera at ULV Kids Music Club Event
- Noted Soprano and Pianist Perform at University of La Verne