Tune into 93.5 FM in the morning and you’ll hear a voice familiar to the Leo community.
Paul Joseph Kilanski, a 1995 University of La Verne graduate, is the new on-air host for the station’s morning show from 6:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
“PJ is a talented on-air personality,” Professor of Communications Mike Laponis said. “I am proud of his accomplishments and glad all of Los Angeles has the opportunity to listen to him during ‘morning drive’.”
After graduation Kilanski, also known as PJ Butta, worked for KKBT, The Beat, for 12 years. He also started a career as an adjunct professor in the Radio/TV department at Mt. San Antonio College.
“If it weren’t for La Verne, I wouldn’t be in the position I’m in today,” Butta said. “The great thing about ULV is they let you get on the air on the campus radio station your freshman year.”
Butta was able to practice his radio skills on the La Verne radio station before working at The Beat.
“Plus more importantly, it was fellow Leos who hired me for my first radio job and my syndicated show I currently have,” Butta said. “See it pays to be part of the Leo family.”
In addition to working as the morning host at KDAY and also teaching at Mt. SAC, Butta hosts The World Chart show, which is an internationally syndicated countdown program.
But it’s his new position at KDAY that keeps him really busy.
“I’m a one man band,” Butta said. “I’m like that street entertainer with the drum on his back, cymbals tied to his knees, and a guitar and trumpet in each hand.”
“But I look forward to the challenge and plan to put out the best damn morning show I can,” he added.
Related Posts from the Archives:
- Cornel West, Prominent Educator, Best-selling Author, and National Radio Host, to give 2011 Fasnacht Lecture Feb. 11
- La Verne Alum – LAPD’s First Hispanic Female Captain
- Radio and Television Show Host, Best-Selling Author Tavis Smiley to Speak at La Verne on February 24
- Radio Host to Present Sound Art Lecture at the University of La Verne
- Legendary KTLA Channel 5 reporter Stan Chambers to speak at University of La Verne