What: One Billion Rising 15th Anniversary event to create awareness and support ending violence against women and girls across the globe. This movement is a global strike, an invitation, and a call to men and women, to refuse to participate in the status quo until violence against women ends.
When: February 14, 2013 from 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Where: Sneaky Park at the University of La Verne, 1950 Third Street, La Verne, Calif.
Details: All members of the La Verne community are encouraged to participate and join the campaign against violence toward women and girls. Those who would like to attend can RSVP on the One Billion Rising website, but are not required to do so.
There will be dancing, music playing, a graffiti wall to express yourself, as well as informational booths with resources. Stop by and “strike, dance, and rise!”
Inquiries: Please contact Lili Gradilla at ext. 4544 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Related Posts from the Archives:
- La Verne Community to Gather and Promote End to Violence Against Women and Girls Through One Billion Rising Event
- La Verne Rises to End Violence Against Women and Children
- "Poto Mitan: Haitian Women, Pillars of the Global Economy" screens March 29
- La Verne Production of "The Vagina Monologues" Seeks to Help Stop Violence Against Women
- Women in Leadership Development Program Starts New Speaker Series with Debate on Sept. 20