Several University of La Verne students’ films will be featured in the Chaffey Review Film Festival February 9.
“Bettlemania,” by Ariel Devore, “Encaustic Tile” by Kaitlin Hollingsworth and “The Folk Music Center” by Marianna Pignotti, Anthony Troli, McKinley Pollock, and Chelsea Stark-Jones, were accepted for inaugural festival. Student film directors are also invited to participate in a short question and answer session after their films are shown.
A student committee chose the films for the event and judged each film based on production quality, narrative strength, artistic elements and entertainment value. There were eight short films and one feature length documentary chosen.
Other participants include professional and emerging directors, as well as Academy Award nominated Deborah Dickson. The event is free and will also include performances by Becky Holt and her band, which have a music video that will be featured during the festival.
The festival will be held in the Chaffey College Theater located at 5885 Haven Avenue, Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91737. Doors open at 5 p.m. Showings will take place 6 p.m. – 9 p.m.
For any further details about the event, questions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Related Posts from the Archives:
- La Verne Student Films Accepted for San Bernardino Valley College Film Festival
- Encore Presentation of 909 Film Festival Screening to Take Place on Campus
- Six University of La Verne Student Videos to be Screened at Local Film Festival
- University to host Film Festival Highlighting the ‘909’
- Two La Verne Student Films Selected for Screening at Smogdance Film Festival