The University of La Verne’s Enactus (Entrepreneurial Action Us) team won its regional competition in Orange County on Monday April 8, one of the largest collegiate competitions in the country. This is the team’s fifth consecutive win and its sixth win since its start date seven years ago.
La Verne’s Enactus team will move onto the national competition, competing at the 2013 USA National Exposition in Kansas City, Missouri next month. One team will win the honor of being named a national champion and represent the United States at the Enactus World Cup.
It has been a solid year for La Verne’s Enactus team, receiving the 4.0 Club award in recognition of the quality educational programs, success in enactus and long-term sustainability to improve the quality of life and standard of living for others for the academic year 2013.
On April 30th at 3:00 p.m. the campus community is invited to attend an on-campus presentation in the Campus Center Ballroom before the team heads for Nationals.
Enactus is dedicated to entrepreneurial opportunity by having the perspective to create value from opportunity. Enactus participates with various projects on and off campus by involving peers as well as community member in igniting change.
Related Posts from the Archives:
- Enactus Showcases Entrepreneurial Efforts Before Heading to Nationals
- La Verne Enactus Members Dedicate New Gardens at LeRoy Haynes Center
- La Verne’s Enactus Team Helps Renovate Pomona Valley Workshop
- Student Organization Formerly Known as ‘SIFE’ Embraces Name Change
- University of La Verne’s SIFE Team Advances to Nationals After Winning Regional Competition