Dr. Brooks, whose baccalaureate address is titled “Moving On,” is the author of The Book of Mormon Girl: Stories From an American Faith, and a regular source on Mormonism for the media. She is also a proponent of interfaith collaboration.
Professor of English and Comparative Literature at San Diego State University, she has been featured on CNN, NPR, The Daily Show, MSNBC and PBS. Brooks is also a contributor to the Washington Post and Huffington Post, and has been utilized as a source for Newsweek, New York Times, Reuters and Associated Press. Brooks is also a senior correspondent for ReligionDispatches.org and has been named one of “50 Politicos to Watch” by Politico.com, and one of “13 Religious Women to Watch” by the Center for American Progress.
A Graduates’ Dinner will commence immediately following the baccalaureate ceremony.
Graduates who plan to join the faculty and staff processional must arrive by 3:30 for robing and line-up.
When: Friday, May 31, 4-5 p.m.
Where: La Verne Church of the Brethren, 2175 Bonita Ave., La Verne, CA 91750
Related Posts from the Archives:
- Baseball Legend and Top Presidential Political Strategist to Speak at University of La Verne 2013 Spring Commencement
- La Verne Faculty and Staff Present at National College Composition and Communication Conference
- Social/Environmental Justice Advocate, Van Jones, To serve as Keynote For La Verne Baccalaureate Service
- University, Foothill Association of School Psychologists Partner to Present Spring Symposium
- ULV to Recognize Outstanding Graduates, Faculty at 2005 Alumni Weekend Dinner