Stephen Chavez, University of La Verne alumnus and adjunct professor of public relations, has been elected President of the HPRA (The Hispanic Public Relations Association) National Board of Directors for 2014.
A seasoned expert in U.S. Hispanic marketing and communications, Chavez has created award-winning public relations campaigns on behalf of major U.S. brands, non-profits and government agencies such as Big Brothers Big Sisters of America, Kellogg, Beam Global, and Dr Pepper Snapple Group.
His commitment to HPRA extends back to nearly 15 years, serving in an active leadership role at the local and national levels.
“I am pleased to be at the helm of a national board that has the dedication and caliber as this one,” Chavez said.
Prior to opening his independent consultancy, Chavez served as Vice President for Ketchum, one of world’s largest public relations agencies. Beyond his consultancy, Chavez lectures on social media engagement and content management.
He is publisher and co-editor of the LatinoFoodie blog, and contributing expert writer for online sites, such as Answers.com, The Latin Kitchen and AOL Latino. Chavez earned his Bachelor’s degree in journalism at La Verne, where he currently serves as an adjunct professor teaching public relations.
Related Posts from the Archives:
- Two Communications Students Receive Scholarships From Hispanic Public Relations Association
- La Verne Provost Named to LeRoy Haynes Center Board of Directors
- President Dr. Devorah Lieberman Elected to Campus Compact Board of Directors
- Reed Gratz Appointed to Board of Directors of American Jazz Institute
- CAPA Professor Elected to Mt. Wilson Board of Trustees