President Devorah Lieberman is one of four new members recently appointed as an Executive Committee member for the Coalition of Urban and Metropolitan Universities (CUMU).
Joining President Lieberman are Gary Miller, Chancellor at the University of North Carolina Wilmington; Linda Bennett, President of the University of Southern Indiana and Mildred Garcia, President of California State University, Fullerton.
“We are delighted to welcome Dr. Miller, Dr. Bennett, Dr. Lieberman, and Dr. Garcia to the Executive Committee. Over the past two years the Coalition’s Executive Committee and Headquarters have worked through a strategic planning process and I feel confident these individuals will help us carry out our vision for this organization,” says Wendell Pritchett, President of the Coalition and Chancellor of Rutgers – Camden.
The mission of CUMU is to commit their institutions by being responsive to the needs of metropolitan areas by seeking new ways of using their human and physical resources to provide leadership in addressing urban problems, through teaching, research and professional service.
Currently President Lieberman also serves as a member of the Campus Compact Board of Directors, the American Council of Education’s (ACE) Commission on Inclusion, the Resource Development Committee for the Hispanic Association of Colleges & Universities (HACU), and the Western Association of Schools & Colleges (WASC) Accrediting Commission for Senior Colleges & Universities.
Related Posts from the Archives:
- President Dr. Devorah Lieberman Elected to Campus Compact Board of Directors
- President Lieberman Joins Executive Board of California Campus Compact
- American Council on Education Selects President Lieberman to Participate in Panel Discussion
- President Devorah Lieberman agrees to join American Council on Education Network Executive Board
- Dr. Issam Ghazzawi appointed to SIFE advisory committee