Individuals and groups who exemplify the University of La Verne’s core values will be honored at this year’s inaugural Spirit of La Verne awards, to take place at a special ceremony on Tuesday, April 29, 2014 from 5 – 7:30 p.m. at the La Verne Church of the Brethren.
Awards will be given in the categories of:
- Civic and community engagement
- diversity and inclusivity
- interfaith cooperation
In addition, one Spirit of La Verne award will be presented to an individual or group who demonstrates commitment and passion in more than one of the areas.
The Spirit of La Verne Awards process, event and publicity showcase achievements and best practices to internal and external audiences and enable students, faculty, staff, alumni and community members/organizations to communicate and document their achievements.
A reception with light refreshments will follow immediate after the ceremony.
This event is sponsored by the Office of Civic and Community Engagement, Office of Diversity and Inclusivity and Office of Religious and Spiritual Life.
Guests are asked to RSVP here.
Related Posts from the Archives:
- Spirit of Uganda Concert Event Promises Impact
- Campus Activities Board (CAB) Takes Home Awards From NACA West Region Conference
- University of La Verne wins two awards in the national Alliance for Community Media Hometown Media Awards
- University of La Verne and LVTV-3 win six awards at WAVE awards
- Filmmakers Win Awards at Alliance for Community Media WAVE Awards