Skip to main content

Fall 2020 and Winter/Spring 2021 Graduate Program Applicants

We are glad you are considering the University of La Verne to continue your academic journey! Given the ongoing global concerns around COVID-19 (novel coronavirus), we know you have questions and we want to ensure we address all your concerns. We have made some temporary adjustments to our admission processes in response to so many school districts and colleges stopping on-campus activities and moving to an online format.

Q I’m having trouble obtaining required transcripts, test scores or documents. What can I do?

We have decided to waive the application fee, official transcripts and letters of recommendation, and make accommodations for other requirements depending on your academic program. Check with your admissions representative for specifics related to your application.

Items with accommodations include:

  • All application fees have been waived for Fall 2020, Winter 2021 and Spring 2021.
  • We are permitting students to submit unofficial transcripts for admission purposes. Official transcripts will be due prior to registration for your second term for most programs and within 45 days of the first day of class for law students.
  • All programs have made letters of recommendation optional.
  • Most programs are shifting towards optional tests for admission.
    • La Fetra College of Education will make admissions decisions without CBEST/CSET (now required prior to fieldwork), and fingerprinting/certificate of clearance and TB testing (now required prior to your first class.)
    • College of Law will consider applications without LSAT scores on a case-by-case basis.
  • Any admissions required interviews will be conducted via distance technology or waived as deemed appropriate by the dean/program chair.
Q How can I submit application requirements?

Items for your application can be uploaded to the La Verne application portal or emailed to

Q My school is closed or online only. How can I request transcripts for my application file?

During this time, the University of La Verne will accept unofficial transcripts directly from students or transcripts sent from institutions via email. Unofficial transcripts will only be used for admission consideration. Final official transcripts will be required prior to registration for your second term for graduate and doctoral programs and within 45 days of the first day of class for law students. Please note that we are unable to accept unofficial transcripts in screenshot format*.

In order to accept an unofficial transcript, please be sure it meets the following guidelines:

  • Legal name
  • Name of institution
  • Dates of attendance
  • Grades earned, credits earned
  • Degree earned (if applicable)
  • Course names/numbers

* Screenshots are acceptable as unofficial transcripts for international students applying for graduate programs.

Q Is the University of La Verne closed?

The University of La Verne moved all classes online beginning March 16, and most university employees are working from home as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). However, you are able to connect with key departments including admissions, financial aid, student accounts, and academic advising via email, phone, or through a virtual appointment. Call us at 909-593-3511 Monday-Friday from 8-5 for assistance.

Q I haven’t applied yet. Can I still start an application for the Fall 2020, Winter/ Spring 2021 terms?

Check with your admissions representative to learn about application deadlines for your program of choice. You can still apply to the University of La Verne for programs with open applications. The University of La Verne is continuously accepting and reviewing applications.

Q Can I visit campus?

We are fully in compliance with the Governor’s Stay-at-Home order and only essential staff are working on campus. Most office staff are working remotely. Campus tours and prospective student information sessions have unfortunately been cancelled though we will be hosting virtual events. You may also continue to connect with the university through Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or YouTube.

Q How will I be notified about financial aid?

Graduate students are eligible for certain types of federal and private financial aid. To learn more, visit the Office of Financial Aid. Students are encouraged to file the FAFSA to be considered for aid.

Q What if I still have questions?

We are here to help! Please get in touch with your admission counselor via email or phone. You can connect with your admission representative  for any additional concerns you would like to discuss.