The third annual Southern California Lovin’ Tour is scheduled for 15-20 July 2018. The tour will start after the International ACAC Conference being held in New Orleans, LA from 10-13 July.
The hosting institutions will be:
– California State Polytechnic University, Pomona (Cal Poly Pomona)
– Mt. San Antonio College (Mt. SAC)
– University of California, Riverside (UCR)
– University of La Verne
– University of Redlands
Counselors must participate in the full program and attend all University visits.
This tour is open to INTERNATIONAL HIGH SCHOOL COUNSELORS and INDEPENDENT COUNSELORS (who work with international students) ONLY.
The Tour is limited to 20 participants. To be considered, please fill out the registration form below. Please be sure to submit the form once completed. The form must be completed in one session. Due date is 1 April 2018. Please note that submitting an application DOES NOT guarantee a spot on the tour. Applications will be notified of their selection to the tour by 15 April 2018.
The following individuals are eligible to participate:
- Guidance Counselors from overseas schools
- Guidance Counselors at schools in the U.S. who work with international students
- Independent Counselors who work with international students
This tour will address the needs of international students and U.S. Citizens living abroad and is not applicable to counselors at U.S. schools. No agents or consultants that require commission are permitted on the tour.
The tour will begin on Sunday, 15 July and will finish on Friday, 20 July (with departures the following day). Counselors may begin arriving on Saturday, 14 July and begin departing on Saturday, 21 July. Participants should plan to arrive no later than 3:00 PM on Sunday, 15 July.
A variety of airports serve the Southern California area including Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), John Wayne Airport (SNA) and Ontario Airport (ONT).
Participants are expected to stay through the duration of the tour and participate in all activities.
Updates on the schedule will be sent directly to participants and posted on this site.
Friday-Sunday, 14-16 July – Optional activities in Southern California
Sunday, 15 July – Opening Reception
Monday, 16 July – University visit
Tuesday, 17 July – University Visit
Wednesday, 18 July – University Visit
Thursday, 19 July – University Visit
Friday, 20 July – University Visit and Closing Reception
- Transportation within Southern California between participating universities and planned events (various types)
- Lodging at various venues close to each University
- Meals during the tour
Costs NOT Included:
- Flight to Southern California from the International ACAC Conference or other location
- Meals outside planned events/excursions
- Transportation to and from airport
- Flight from Southern California to home destination