What the Oink is The Spotted Pig?
A student-focused philanthropic initiative committed to encouraging selfless community evolvement and raising awareness for La Verne’s Student Emergency Loan Fund (SELF). SELF provides short term, interest-free loans for all enrolled students to apply for and receive when facing a crisis or emergency.
How does it work?
- Plastic Spotted Piggy banks are distributed throughout the campuses.
- Participants are asked to fill their Spotted Pig with spare change and to encourage others around them to do the same.
- The Spotted Pigs are collected semi-annually at both the La Verne and College of Law campus at a Spotted Pig Round-Up Party.
- All funds raised by the Spotted Pig Campaign go directly towards SELF and aids many students every year.
- Applications for the SELF may be found in Woody Hall, located on La Verne campus.
To receive additional information on ways to be a part of and/or benefit from this philanthropic group, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Alanzo Moreno at (909) 448-4685.