Frequently Asked Questions
- Question Do I need to wear a mask at the stadium?
All graduates and guests must wear a face covering in accordance with County Department of Public Health Face Coverings Guidance and follow social distancing guidance.
- Question What are ticket requirements?
A link will be sent to the graduates through their student email accounts to send to up to four (4) guests. These will be digital tickets; guests must show their printed ticket or a digital ticket on a phone to enter the stadium.
- Question Can I come if I didn’t RSVP?
No “walk-ins” will be permitted. Attendance is by RSVP only. No graduates will be granted access if not previously registered.
The only way to get tickets is to register.
- Question Can I reserve seating?
Guest seating is on a first-come first-served basis – no assigned seating.
- Question Where do I sit?
Graduate seating will be socially distanced. Moving or relocating seats will not be permitted.
- Question Which ceremony do I attend?
Time Cohort(s) 9:00am All graduating years: College of Law, La Verne Online, Regional and Online Campus Graduates (Education)
Spring Class of 2020: La Verne campus, Campus Accelerated Program for Adults (CAPA), and Ontario campus
1:00pm All graduating years: Santa Clarita campus, Oxnard campus, Irvine campus, Burbank campus, Victorville campus, Bakersfield campus, and all military bases
Winter Class of 2021: La Verne campus, Campus Accelerated Program for Adults (CAPA), and Ontario campus
5:00pm Spring Class of 2021: La Verne campus, Campus Accelerated Program for Adults (CAPA), and Ontario campus
- Question Can I bring children to the stadium without a ticket?
Children under three do not need a ticket as long as they can sit on the lap of an adult with a ticket.
- Question Is this event for all degree levels of graduates?
Yes. This event is for all degree levels of graduates.
- Question What do I need to do before attending the event?
- All guests will be required to complete a COVID-19 screening questionnaire prior to arriving at the event. A screening questionnaire can be completed using the university’s LiveSafe mobile app or the online form. Individuals who feel ill, have symptoms of COVID-19, or have potentially been exposed are asked not to attend the event.
- All guests will need to show a ticket and a cleared COVID-19 screening questionnaire to enter the event. Tickets and COVID-19 screening results can be shown on a smart phone or attendees may bring a printed copy.
- Graduates and guests are asked not to arrive more than an hour before the ceremony.
- Question What should I expect once in the stadium? Will I be in close contact with anyone?
No. The ceremony will be contact-free. This means there will not be any hooding done at the event. Graduates are also asked not to hug, shake hands, etc.
- Question What if I do not have my regalia?
- Since cap and gowns must be worn to participate in the in-person ceremonies, if you do not have your cap and gown, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or you may purchase it on the day of the event. There will be a limited supply of caps and gowns available for purchase.
- For doctoral rental caps and gowns, please reach out to email@example.com
- For doctoral hoods, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Question Will the ceremonies be live streamed?
The ceremonies will be live streamed and will be available to view on the Commencement webpage at laverne.edu/commencement the day of the ceremonies on June 12.
- Question Where do guests sit and can it be reserved?
Guest seating is general and on a first-come, first-served basis. Seats will be blocked off due to social distancing ordinances.
- Question Will there be ADA compliant guest seating available?
There are ADA accessible locations at the stadium as well as wheelchair access in the seating area.
- Question Am I allowed to bring personal belongings to the stadium?
One bag is allowed in and will be searched by staff security for safety purposes.
- Question Will flowers and leis be available for purchase once inside the stadium?
Yes. Flowers will be in the stadium for sale.
- Question Will food and drink be allowed in the stadium?
Guests may bring in one bottle of water. However, the stadium will be selling water, drinks, and food.
- Question Will the restrooms be open?
Yes. Restrooms will be open to the public for use.
- Question What are the stadium requirements/policies?
In an effort to enhance public safety, San Manuel Stadium prohibits all bags, backpacks, and other carriers from being brought into the stadium with the following exceptions (in each case, after proper inspection):
- Purses or bags that are 4.5″ x 6.5″ with a single zipper closure/flap (approximately the size of an adult hand) or smaller
- Medically necessary items, including diaper bags
- Guests are permitted to bring in one clear one (1) gallon bag per person
- Other than the above-noted exceptions, all other bags must be returned to the attendee’s vehicle.
No outside food or beverages of any kind may be brought into the Stadium. No coolers of any kind are allowed, and all bags, backpacks and purses will be subject to search by stadium staff. One (1) Sealed 20 oz. bottle or less of water may be allowed in the gates per person.
To avoid disruptions in the ceremony, the following items below are not allowed in the stadium. The list is not exhaustive and San Manuel Stadium staff have the authority to make a judgment call on what is allowed in the stadium.
- No balloons
- No signs
- No noise makers
ULV Bookstore and Commencement Flowers will be on site to provide celebration items for you and your graduates.
First aid room is in the main concourse near the main entrance. If you need First Aid, please contact the nearest employee for help. Ingestible medication is not available.
No animals are allowed in the stadium besides service animals specifically trained to aid a person with a disability.
Face Mask Policy
All guests are required to always wear face coverings or masks in the stadium except when seated and actively eating or drinking. Masks must completely cover the wearer’s nose and mouth. This requirement does not apply to children under the age of two (2).
Physical and Social Distance
Social distance guidelines will be enforced throughout San Manuel Stadium. Signage, floor markers and other resources will remind guests to remain physically distanced.