Mike is a voice actor specializing in commercials, corporate narration, e-learning, and radio imaging. Mike has more than 35 years experience in broadcasting and production. He specializes in audio and video production. His professional experience includes broadcast management, programming, on-air work, and engineering positions at several Southern California radio stations. Mike is an award recipient for video and audio work he has written, produced, and voiced. He is a proud recipient of the Charles and Lucille King Foundation, Best of Festival Award in the Festival of Media Arts from the Broadcast Education Association. Mike’s production work has received numerous awards and recognition, including; Hometown Media Award in 2012, and Telly Awards in 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011. He enjoys producing videos for non profit organizations and has received awards for projects he has produced for the Los Angeles County Fair, Parents Anonymous, McKinley Children’s Center, and the University of La Verne. He supervises productions for LVTV Community Television in La Verne. He is the general manager and adviser to the campus radio station, LeoFM. Mike is a professional member of World Voices Organization (an industry association of voice talent), and of the Broadcast Education Association. He has participated in a faculty internship at CBS Radio in Sacramento, CA and in the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences Faculty Seminar in Hollywood, CA. He has taught a travel course (with colleague Eric Bishop) titled “Media Across the Nation.” Mike and Eric took a group of ULV students to various media sites in Los Angeles, New York, Washington D.C. and Atlanta. The sites included KFWB Radio, KABC-TV, ABC-TV, Los Angeles Times, Wall Street Journal, New York Times, NBC, CSPAN, and CNN. Mike participated in a Brethren Colleges Abroad (BCA) Summer Program in 2003 to Pinar del Rio and Havana, Cuba. Mike is co-adviser of the ULV Amateur Radio Group. The club station is K6ULV. Mike is also proud to be the faculty adviser to the Lambda Alpha Chapter of Alpha Omicron Pi.
- Masters of Arts in Communications, University of La Verne
- Bachelor of Arts in Communications, University of La Verne
- RDIO 230: Radio Production I
- RDIO 240: Radio Production II
- RDIO 306: Radio Station Newswriting
- TV 225: Fundamentals of Video Production
- R/TV 112: Audio Controls and Techniques
- RDIO 426: Radio Station Operation
- J/R/TV 166: Introduction to Mass Media
- J/R/TV 499: Senior Seminar
Certificates and Licenses
- Multimedia Presentation and Design Certificate, Cal Poly Pomona.
- Lifetime General Radio Telephone Operator License with Radar Endorsement issued by the Federal Communications Commission.
- Technician Class Amateur Radio License (KF6MVL).