Professor, Organizational Leadership
- Ph.D., University of Southern California
- M.A., George Washington University
- B.A., University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- Hallett, R. E., Crutchfield, R., & Maguire, J. J. (forthcoming 2019). Serving college students who are homeless and housing insecure. New York, NY: Teachers College Press.
- Hallett, R. E., & Crutchfield, R. (2017). Homelessness and housing insecurity in higher education: A trauma-informed approach to research, policy, and practice. ASHE Higher Education Report Series. Boston, MA: Jossey-Bass.
- Hallett, R. E., & Skrla, L. (2017). Serving students who are homeless: A resource guide for schools, districts and educational leaders. New York, NY: Teachers College Press.
- Hallett, R. E. (2012). Educational experiences of hidden homeless teenagers: Living doubled-up. New York: Routledge.
- Hallett, R. E., Freas, A., & Mo, E. (forthcoming). Homeless in community college: How residential insecurity creates social capital instability. New Directions for Community Colleges, 184.
- Hallett, R. E., & Freas, A. (available online first). Community college students’ experiences with homelessness and housing insecurity. Community College Journal of Research and Practice.
- Hallett, R. E., *Westland, M., & Mo, E. (2018). A trauma-informed care approach to supporting foster youth in community college. New Directions for Community Colleges, 181, 49-58.
- Low, J. A., Hallett, R. E., & Mo, E. (2017). Doubled-up homeless: Comparing educational outcomes to low-income students. Education & Urban Society, 49(9), 795-813.
- Griffen, J. M., & Hallett, R. E. (2017). Reframing professional development: An action-inquiry case study of a collaborative urban school counselor network. Journal of Professional Capital & Community, 2(3), 146-168.
Dr. Hallett explores how to increase educational access and success for marginalized and underrepresented student groups, include students who are homeless, undocumented and in foster care. He is particularly interested in the process of translating research into recommendations for policy and practice.
- Homelessness and Housing Insecurity
- College Access
- Higher Education Retention and Degree Completion
- Qualitative Methodology and Research Ethics
- Educational Policy
- Intersections of Education and Social Justice