The purpose of the Transfer Credit Review Request is for current University of La Verne students to verify the transferability of courses taken at another institution intended to satisfy University of La Verne degree requirements. Courses/exams will only be reviewed for the current or upcoming term/semester. Requests to use transfer courses to fulfill major requirements should be forwarded to your Department Chair for approval.
Once you have completed and submitted the form, you will receive an automatic email confirming your submission. Requests are reviewed within 7-10 business days.
All coursework completed at any non-ULV institution must be submitted within 45 calendar days of the end of the full term/semester where the coursework was completed. Students who do not submit transcripts within the 45 days will need to appeal.
Fulfilling Major Requirements
If you would like to transfer a course to fulfill a major requirement, the course must be taken at an institution whose accreditation is recognized by the University of La Verne. In addition, the course must be approved by your major department. Before taking a course, please meet with your advisor to discuss your options.
Fulfilling General Education or General Elective requirements
If you would like to take a course to fulfill general education or general elective requirements, the course must be taken at an institution whose accreditation is recognized by the University of La Verne and the course must be at the baccalaureate level. Bachelors degree students may transfer a maximum of 88 semester hours of baccalaureate level credits, of which 44 can be from competency based exams. Associates degree students may transfer a maximum of 40 semester hours of baccalaureate level credits, of which 21 can be from competency based exams.
- At least 44 semester hours must be completed at the University of La Verne in order to meet the University’s residency requirement. The 44 semester hour residency requirement is applicable to students with a catalog year of Fall 2013 and later. Students with catalog years prior to Fall 2013 should refer to their Degree/Program Evaluation (DPE) for their residency requirement, or contact your academic advisor for more information.
- Any transfer work completed after matriculation and beyond the 88 semester hour limit will be considered for subject area fulfillment, but will not transfer with unit value (the particular course will be fulfilled by a 0-unit course marker). Students are responsible for knowing when they have reached their 88 semester hour cap on transfer units.Students enrolled at the University of La Verne may transfer courses from other institutions and/or complete competency exams offered by CLEP and DANTES to fulfill general elective, general education or major requirements.
- In order to guarantee a course or exam will transfer to fulfill any of the requirements mentioned above, approval from the Office of the Registrar must be obtained prior to enrolling and completing the course or exam in question.
General Education Tracks
The University of La Verne currently utilizes two General Education (GE) tracks. Students who began taking classes Summer 2015 or early should follow GE Track I requirements. Students who began taking classes Fall 2017 or later should follow the La Verne General Education track (LVGE) requirements.
For more detailed information about your general education requirements, please contact your academic advisor.
- If you are a central campus student, please contact Academic Advising (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- If you are a ROC, CAPA or Online student, please contact your Academic Advisor at your regional center.
1. GE Track I – Summer 2015 or earlier
If you matriculated to the University of La Verne Summer 2015 or earlier, the University has established Transfer Agreement Plans with 41 local California Community Colleges. Before submitting a request, please consult these agreements to determine if the course has already been reviewed and approved. If the institution and/or course is not listed on the Articulation Agreements webpage, please submit a request to review by completing the Transfer Credit Review Request.
2. La Verne General Education (LVGE) – Fall 2015 or later
If you matriculated to the University of La Verne Fall 2015 or later, you must complete the LVGE track requirements.
Will you complete a course at a California Community College?
- The University articulates courses from California’s Community Colleges in accordance with the California State University system. Courses applicable for general elective credit and/or to fulfill general education requirements can be found at: www.assist.org.
- For specific information if a regionally accredited California Community College course can be used to fulfill a general education requirement at the University of La Verne, please reference the CSU-GE or IGETC conversion charts.
- To submit a request to review a course, complete the Transfer Credit Review Request.
Would you like to take a course somewhere other than a California Community College?
- If the institution is not one of California’s Community Colleges, please submit a request to review by completing the Transfer Credit Review Request.