Amazon Web Services (AWS) Academy – Cloud Computing Architecture Program
Become a part of the growing cloud computing industry with the AWS Cloud Computing Architecture Certificate program. Cloud Computing Architecture is an AWS Academy curriculum designed to help students develop technical expertise in cloud computing and prepare them for the AWS Solutions Architect – Associate certification exam. The curriculum is taught through e-learning, eight instructor led classes, hands-on lab, and project work. Course tuition includes course manuals, access to labs, a practice exam, and a discount voucher for the certification exam.
Who Should Attend
- Undergraduate, graduate, or professional students seeking certification in cloud computing.
- Anyone preparing to take the AWS Solutions Architect – Associate certification exam can become familiar with its content and the strategy for taking the exam in order to become more marketable in today’s economy or increase their earnings potential.
Cloud Computing Architecture requires a strong foundation in multiple computing, software development, and IT concepts and skills.
Completing the Program
- Attend and successfully complete each module over a period of eight weeks (Saturdays from 9:00am-5:30pm).
- Upon successful completion, students will receive a certificate from the University of La Verne.
Unit One: Introduction to Cloud Computing
- Identify the value and benefits of cloud computing and AWS
- Understand methods and tools to maintain security and protect data
- Explain the financial advantages of the AWS Cloud
- Navigate the AWS Management Console
Unit Two: Getting Started on AWS
- Differentiate between AWS storage options
- Understand AWS compute and networking options
- Describe and use AWS database options
- Identify deployment and management options
- Make decisions based on recommended architectural principles and best practices
- Create a cloud migration roadmap and plan
- Use AWS to make infrastructure scalable
- Create a business continuity plan and achieve high availability
- Create event-driven scaling
- Automate the deployment of cloud resources
- Design architectures to decouple infrastructure and reduce inter-dependencies
- Optimize data storage for static content
Unit Three: Architecting on AWS
- Identify best practices prescribed in the Well-Architected framework
- Identify and solve common configuration and design issues
- Differentiate between architectures for data processing and analytics, mobile back-ends, and video transcoding
- Understand the AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate exam structure and questions