Are you an administrative professional looking to advance your career to the next level? Improve professional qualifications? Earn a higher salary or receive a promotion? Increase your professional knowledge and mastery of six domains including organizational communication, business writing and document production, technology and information distribution, office and records management, event and project management, operational functions and prepare to take and pass the Certified Administrative Professional (CAP) exam offered twice per year through the International Association of Administrative Professionals (IAAP).
This program not only expands your knowledge in six domains but also prepares you to take and successfully pass the CAP exam offered through IAAP. Please note that it is not a requirement to take the CAP exam through IAAP – exam is optional and requires participants to fill out an application through IAAP and to determine whether or not they qualify to take it. Exam fee is included as part of this program along with IAAP membership and all program materials.
Although demand is high for qualified, knowledgeable administrative professionals, it’s easy to get lost in the crowd. Did you know that in the United States alone, there are over 4 million jobs in the administrative field, including those for executive assistants and administrative assistants? Identifying the best administrators can also be a tough task for talent managers. Whether they are looking to fill a new role, or make decisions about annual raises and promotions, employers find it difficult to pinpoint the candidates with the right knowledge, motivations, and skills to excel. Make it easier for yourself and for those decision-makers looking for the top people by increasing your knowledge and preparing to take and pass the CAP exam through IAAP.
Individuals that decide to take and pass the CAP exam will earn a special designation that can be placed after their name on their resume or LinkedIn profile! This demonstrates you’ve not only made a choice to pursue and complete a rigorous program of study, but it also shows to you are investing in your own career excellence, that you can set goals, and achieve objectives. You can be trusted to go the distance.
CAP is an assessment-based professional certification for office management and business administrative professionals. It is the only recognized certification that encompasses the duties, responsibilities, and knowledge required of an administrative professional in the 21st century. The responsibilities of those working in administrative professions are as varied and vast as the number of firms employing them. Regardless of the type of administrative role you have, administrative professionals must possess many skills and talents, which are assessed through this certification. The CAP Body of Knowledge is updated periodically to ensure it is consistent with current practices.
In order to sit for the CAP certification exam, you must meet certain eligibility criteria and submit an application to the International Association of Administrative Professionals (IAAP) at https://www.iaap-hq.org/page/About. Individuals that take and pass the IAAP CAP exam will earn the certification and will be able to use the IAAP CAP designation after their name for a period of five years before having to recertify. EX: Jane Doe, CAP
Six CAP Exam Domains
CAP Exam Domains
- Organizational Communication 24%
- Business Writing and Document Production 22%
- Technology and Information Distribution 16%
- Office and Records Management 15%
- Event and Project Management 12%
- Operational Functions 11%
The IAAP CAP is an assessment-based professional certification. By satisfying the requirements and passing the exam, individuals demonstrate an established level of knowledge in the administrative professional field.
Who Should Attend
- IAAP CAP certification is designed for office and administrative professionals who engage in some, if not all, of the following:
- Organization communication (both verbal and written)
- Conduct business writing, including proofreading and editing
- Maintain office functions and record keeping
- Plan meetings, events and arrange travel
- Manage projects
- Engage in or support home relations activities, such as hiring and compliance issues
- Maintain budgets and basic accounting functions
- Manage time and other resources for themselves and others
- Utilize technology, including virtual and mobile, with strong computer and internet research skills
- Coordinate communications between internal staff and/or external clients
Completing the Program
- Attend and successfully complete all assignments including online program
- Take and pass simulated practice exam provided to course participants (completion will be verified by University).
Note: All participants completing this course will receive a certificate of completion from the University of La Verne. Participants may also consider taking the CAP exam through IAAP. Please note that you need to submit an application to IAAP and qualify to take the exam.