The University of La Verne Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP®) Certificate program is conducted in a fully integrated 4-day instructor led format. This course provides participants with a solid foundation of the PMI-ACP exam. During class, participants will be introduced to key Agile concepts knowledge areas and practices with sample exam questions. Participants will also engage in relevant discussion group topics focusing on Agile best practices to enhance the learning experience and preparation for the exam.
Who Should Attend
- This course is primarily designed for project leaders, scrum masters, coaches, product owners, and team members who intend on taking the PMI-ACP exam.
- Anyone interested in preparing to take the PMI-ACP Exam can become familiar with the exam content and the strategy for taking the exam in order to become more marketable in today’s economy or increasing their earnings potential.
Features and Benefits
- PMP©, PMI-ACP®, PMBOK©, and PMI© are registered trademarks of the Project Management Institute.
- All required course materials are included at no additional cost. Each participant will receive textbooks prepared by a PMI-approved Registered Education Provider.
You Will Learn
- Globally recognized agile project management tools, techniques, terminology and best practices for running small and large projects utilizing case studies from a wide variety of industries.
- PMI’s requirements for taking the PMI-ACP Exam
Completing the Program
- Attend and successfully complete each module over a period of 4 days.
Introduction to the PMI-ACP Exam
- Key Agile principles, developments and definitions
- Applying the values and principles of the Agile Manifesto
- Mapping tools, techniques, knowledge and skills to PMI’s domains of Agile development
- Leveraging rapid feedback cycles
- Ensuring progressive elaboration of requirements
- Identifying Minimally Marketable Features for release planning
Sharpening the requirements definition by agreeing on the Definition of Done
Maintaining Stakeholder Engagement
- Identifying stakeholders and their concerns
- Promoting effective collaboration and participation
- Communicating progress to help the organization make informed decisions
- Enabling knowledge sharing
- Building trust and managing expectations through shared success criteria
Boosting Team Performance Practices
- Establishing collaborative behaviors through group decision-making
- Influencing teams to design their own internal work processes
- Empowering teams to self-organize
- Encouraging teams to estimate and track project progress
- Creating safe environments for experimentation
- Developing high performance teams
- Raising productivity by eliminating waste
- Coaching styles that foster skill enhancement
- Applying rolling wave planning
- Leveraging progressive elaboration
- Empirical planning
- Balancing priorities and team capabilities
- Coaching the team to adjust cadences based on situational awareness
- Agile Earned Value Measurement (EVM)
- Refining estimate ranges to reflect uncertainty
- Capturing measures of accepted work delivered in a specified time frame
- Controlling costs through quantitative measures
Problem Detection and Resolution
- Time Boxing to focus on immediate issues
- Engaging the team proactively to identify risks and create mitigation strategies
- Ensuring impediments are resolved and stakeholder expectations are adjusted
- Communicating risks and uncertainties
- Maintaining visibility with burndown and burnup charts, value stream mapping and Kanban boards
- Managing features and technical issues with Backlog
Facilitating Continuous Improvement
- Conducting retrospectives to improve the team’s behavior
- Experimenting with new techniques and process ideas
- Evaluating work efficiency
- Removing nonvalue-adding processes
- Reducing Work In Progress (WIP)
Pass the Exam
- Exam preparation strategy
- Gaining insight into the exam format and process
- Applying proven tips for exam success
- Practice questions
“PMI”, “PMP”, “PgMP”, “CAPM”, “PMI-ACP”, “PMI-RCP”,”PMBOK Guide” and the PMI Registered Education Provider Logo are trademarks of Project Management Institute, Inc.