The Risk Management Professional (PMI-RMP) Certificate Course is conducted in a fully integrated format (held over two consecutive weekends), allowing participants to complete the 32 hours of instruction at a comfortable pace.
Unlike other programs, the format tailors the time spent on each topic to be consistent with the level of content and complexity. This course provides participants with a solid foundation of the PMI® Risk Management Professional (PMI-RMP®) exam. During class, participants will be introduced to key project risk management concepts and practices with sample exam questions and engage in relevant discussions focusing on project risk management topics and best practices. Our online prep course provides individuals with the minimum contact hours of education required by PMI.
Who Should Attend
This workshop is designed for:
- project managers as well as project participants and line managers who work directly with risk management.
- project managers and project participants who who want to learn more about risk management
- individuals preparing to take and pass the PMI® Risk Management Professional (PMI-RMP®) exam.
Features and Benefits
- PMP©, PMI-RMP®, PMBOK©, and PMI© are registered trademarks of the Project Management Institute
- The modules in this certificate program are eligible for one (1) Professional Development Unit (PDU) from PMI for each hour of class attendance
- All required course materials are included at no additional cost. Each participant will receive a backpack and all course materials on the first day of class
You Will Learn
- Globally recognized project risk management tools, techniques, terminology, and best practices for running small and large projects utilizing case studies from a wide variety of industries. The PMI-RMP® is a reputed certification in the risk management niche offered by PMI.
- PMI’s requirements for taking the PMI-RMP Exam
Completing the Program
- Attend and successfully complete each module over a period of 4 days.
Introduction to the PMI-RMP Exam
- Key project risk management principles, developments and definitions
- Project risk characteristics
- PMBOK Guide’s risk management processes
- Scope of the RMP Exam
- Overview of risk governance domain
- Pre-project life cycle governance tasks
- Governance tasks performed before, as well as during the project life cycle
- Overview of risk communication domain
- Value of project risk management
- Stakeholders’ sensitivity to project risks
- Common understanding of project risks
- Status reports focusing on project risks
Risk Analysis Domain – Identification Process
- Risk identification overview
- Risk identification techniques
- Risk identification outputs
Risk Analysis Domain – Qualitative Process
- Qualitative risk analysis overview
- Analyzing probability and impact
- Analyzing urgency
- Assessing data quality
- Prioritizing risks qualitatively
Risk Analysis Domain – Quantitative Process
- Overview of quantitative analysis
- Using quantitative techniques
- Prioritizing risks quantitatively
- Establishing control limits
Risk Response Planning
- Risk response planning overview
- Developing risk response strategies
- Developing contingency approaches
- Presenting recommendations to key stakeholders
Pass the Exam
- Exam application and preparation strategy
- Gaining insight into the exam format and process
- Applying proven tips for exam success
- Recap of risk exam sources and domains
- Review of PMBOK Guide’s risk processes
- Summary of risk interactions with other PMBOK Guide’s Knowledge Areas
- Practice questions
“PMI”, “PMP”, “PgMP”, “CAPM”, “PMI-ACP”, “PMI-RCP”,”PMBOK Guide” and the PMI Registered Education Provider Logo are trademarks of Project Management Institute, Inc.