Transfer Policy for GE Breadth Requirements – Track I
At the time of matriculation, students who have completed one of the following three certifications will be credited with fulfilling all of La Verne’s General Education Breadth Requirements with the exception of the Foreign Language requirement depending on the student’s declared major:
- An associate degree at a regionally accredited California college with transfer major options acceptable to the University of California or California State University systems.
- The California State University General EducationBreadth Certification (CSU-GE). Students must provide proof of certification when the final transcript is sent to La Verne.
- The Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC).
Students who have not followed one of the three certification options above, but who have completed a minimum of 28 semester hours of transferable coursework at the time of matriculation will be evaluated for fulfillment of La Verne’s General Education Breadth Requirements according to the following guidelines:
- Students certified as having met all area requirements in the California State University General Education Breadth Certification or in the Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) with a C- or better will be credited with fulfilling all of La Verne’s General Education Breadth requirements with the exception of the Foreign Language requirement depending on the student’s declared major Students must provide proof of certification when the final transcript is sent to La Verne.
- Community college courses that partially fulfill selected UC, CSU, or IGETC general education options completed at a college prior to admission at La Verne will be credited toward partial fulfillment of the like General Education Breadth requirement at La Verne. Students may be required to fulfill a Foreign Language requirement depending on their declared major.
- Courses completed at regionally accredited public colleges and universities outside the state of California which meet bachelor’s level general education requirements within a statewide college or university system and are documented in the college catalog, will be articulated to fulfill like general education requirements at La Verne. Students may be required to fulfill a Foreign Language requirement depending on their declared major.
- All other coursework will be evaluated on a course-by-course basis.
- No transfer course will be considered for general education fulfillment unless a C- or better was received.
Transfer Policy for University Values Requirement
All University Values must be completed at the University of La Verne. However, the number of required University Values courses is decreased depending upon the number of units a students transfers into La Verne at the time of matriculation.
Transfer Policy for Interdisciplinary Requirement
The Interdisciplinary requirement must be completed at the University of La Verne.
Transfer Course Information
To see if a transfer course from another institution has been approved for a general education area at the University of La Verne, please click here.
If you would like to take a course at another institution post-matriculation to satisfy a general education requirement, and that course is not listed or the institution does not have a previously established GE Transfer Agreement Plan, you may request a course review by completing the General Education Transfer Credit Appeal form.