The 1891 Society, which commemorates the University’s founding year, recognizes individuals who give $1,200 or more to the University of La Verne each year. The generosity of this group enables La Verne to enhance the outstanding academic, leadership, and service-learning experiences it offers to its students. Whether designated to support the University’s highest priority or a specific program or college, leadership gifts make a meaningful difference in transforming lives.
Impact of The 1891 Society gifts
Each and every gift makes a distinct impact on the lives of our students. Members of this essential group provide the support that allows us to expand the scope of what we offer students, both on La Verne’s main campus and at regional centers around the state.
Benefits for members of The 1891 Society
All members of The 1891 Society enjoy:
- An exclusive invitation to The 1891 Society annual reception
- Special invitations to campus lectures, concerts and other events
- Special recognition in the University’s Honor Roll of Donors
How to Join The 1891 Society
Gifts of $1,200 or more can be made by cash, check, credit card by phone and by mail. Checks are payable to the University of La Verne. If you have questions or would like to set up a pledge payment schedule, please call us at 909-448-4692 or email us at email@example.com.
Recognition Levels for The 1891 Society
Membership determination is based on individual donors who make an annual gift(s) totaling $1,200 or more to any designation on campus.
|President’s Circle||$ 25,000 or more|
|Provost’s Circle||$ 10,000 -$ 24,999|
|Dean’s Circle||$ 5,000 -$ 9,999|
|Founder’s Circle||$ 1,200 -$ 4,999|
- All gifts to the University (including matching gifts from a donor’s employer) count toward the donors total giving in any fiscal year.
- Membership is calculated by fiscal year (July 1-June 30) rather than every calendar year. You may give as many times as you wish in this date range to have gifts counted toward membership.