UPDATE | Compliance With Mandatory Stay-at-Home Order
March 20, 2020
In response to the spread of the novel coronavirus, the state of California has ordered that all residents are to stay at home until further notice.
To comply with this order, effective immediately, only staff who have been designated by the university as emergency personnel will be permitted on any University of La Verne campus. All buildings will be locked, and all non-emergency employees are required to work remotely.
In alignment with updated guidelines from state officials, the university’s emergency personnel include select employees who have been approved by their supervisor in the following areas:
- Animal research (with dean approval)
- Campus Store
- Custodial Services
- Enrollment Management and Strategic Communications
- Financial Services
- Food Services
- Groundskeeping Services
- Housing and Residential Life
- Human Resources
- OIT Help Desk
- OIT Tech Infrastructure
- Library Services
- Mail Services
- Physical Plant Operations
- Public Safety
- Research Activities with Dean approval (limited to research that cannot go unattended or neglected as this would lead to an unrecoverable loss of data)
- Student Disability Services
- Student Health Center
All university offices will continue to offer services remotely or online, and we remain committed to providing a robust learning environment for all students.
Please continue to visit the laverne.edu/coronavirus website for resources.