Spring Break Travel Advisory
To: Students, Faculty, and Staff
From: University Safety Operations
Date: March 7, 2020
Subject: Spring Break Travel Advisory
As we approach spring break, you may be considering traveling domestically or internationally. Please take a moment to review the travel guidelines provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) related to the global spread of novel coronavirus.
Best practices and travel restrictions related to coronavirus continue to be fluid and can change quickly. As you make your plans, please monitor the CDC guidelines frequently for updates and keep in mind the following:
- If you travel internationally, be prepared for mandatory health screenings, flight cancellations, or isolation requirements.
- Faculty and staff who are unable to return from personal travel due to travel delays or self-isolation requirements may use accrued vacation or sick time. Please contact the Office of Human Resources for questions.
- Students who are unable to return due to travel delays or self-isolation requirements may encounter disruptions to their studies.
- Take steps to protect your health while traveling (i.e. pack sufficient medications, practice good hygiene).
- Familiarize yourself with the US. State Department traveler’s checklist.
Check your university email regularly for updates and advisories related to university operations. The university’s Emergency Operations Center will use email to send notifications.
The University of La Verne will also share more information about novel coronavirus online as it becomes available at https://laverne.edu/coronavirus.
Office of Campus Safety
University of La Verne