Wuhan Novel Coronavirus Advisory
To: University of La Verne Community
From: Student Health Services
Date: February 4, 2020
Subject: Wuhan Novel Coronavirus Advisory
Dear University of La Verne Community,
The university, in collaboration with Los Angeles County Dept. of Public Health (LAC DPH), continues to closely monitor the outbreak of respiratory illness caused by a novel coronavirus (2019-nCov) first identified in Wuhan, Hubei Province, China.
At present there are no known cases of 2019-nCoV within our campus community.
LAC DPH and the Center for Disease Control (CDC) remind us that the best defense for preventing spread of respiratory infections are:
- Washing hands often with soap and water for 20 seconds.
- Using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not on hand.
- Covering nose and mouth with elbow or a tissue when coughing or sneezing.
- Avoiding touching eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Limiting close contact, like kissing and sharing cups or utensils, with people who are sick.
Any individual who recently traveled from Wuhan or other affected areas (in the past 14 days) or have had close contact with someone suspected as having the 2019-nCov virus should watch for flu-like symptoms (fever and respiratory symptoms such as cough, sore throat or difficulty breathing). If you experience these symptoms, seek immediate medical care.
Additional/updated information can be accessed through the Center for Disease Control (CDC) or the LAC DPH website at: