Student Resources and Information

Table of Contents

Help with Computer Applications & Software (i.e. Blackboard, WebEx, Zoom)

The Learning Common Academic Technology Support Desk assists students with computer application and software related questions. The help desk specialist provide troubleshooting, individual consultation, orientations and workshops to faculty, students, and staff of the University of La Verne.

Topics included Zoom, Blackboard, WebEx, Qulatrics, Digication, SPSS, MS Office tools, Creativity tools such as photoshop, iMovies, etc.

The academic Technology help desk hours are 8:00am-8:00pm, Monday-Sunday. For contact information, please visit the Academic Technology Support page.

I Do Not Have a Computer or Reliable Internet at Home


The following technology is available for checkout:

  • Laptops w/camera
  • Netbooks w/camera
  • iPads
  • Hotspots (Wifi cards)
  • Webcam
  • Headsets
  • Stylus

Only ONE laptop, netbook, or iPad may be checked out at any given time. All technology is available on a first-come first-served basis.  Students may request technology to be picked up or request it to be mailed to them.

If you need to renew the technology that you have borrowed, please email


The University of La Verne is offering a technology assistance program for students interested in purchasing a select group of electronic devices. The program, in collaboration with the University of La Verne Campus Store, will offer affordable prices and an interest free payment plan for the device throughout the Winter/Spring 2021 Term.

This offer is valid through: January 6, 2021 (Winter 2021)
This offer is valid through: February 8, 2021 (Spring 2021)

Students can learn more and sign up for the program at: Technology Program – Formstack


The identified community resources also have support that may be of help to students:

  • Everyone One – Nonprofit dedicated to connecting low-income families to affordable internet service and computers

Disclaimer: University of La Verne does not approve, endorse, or make assurances regarding the above-listed third party companies and resources. These companies and resources are not agents for or under the direction of the university. The university is not a party to any agreement between a student and any listed third-party company or resource. The university does not make and expressly disclaims any warranty, guarantee, or promise of any listed third-party company or resource. Students are under no obligation to use the resources listed.

Access to Computer Lab or Specialized Academic Software

The vast majority of the applications you need for classes are cloud based and can be accessed via the university intranet. For all other applications, you can access them remotely via VDI (Virtual Desktop Infrastructure). VDI instructions are also in the university Intranet . A listing of available software applications is available at VDI Application. You will need to login to the university network to access this information using your network credentials.

Outdoor Study Spaces

The University will permit students to participate in outdoor study spaces starting on April 15th.  Outdoor study space hours will be daylight hours.

The University is limiting outdoor study spaces to the Citrus Quad and Sneaky Park.  Study is being limited to individual/single person studying.    Study tables will be set 6 feet apart and only permit one student per table.   Handwashing and bathroom facilities will be identified for each study area.

Students wanting to come to campus to study are required to:

  • Prior to each visit, conduct a COVID screening prior to coming to campus using the LiveSafe mobile app or the online form.  Students may be asked to show results of symptom tests.  
  • Students who display CDC articulated symptoms, have a temperature higher than 99.9 F, are otherwise ill will, or under quarantine for traveling outside of CA will not be allowed on campus.  Students  will also be asked to submit a Coronavirus Report. Students are also encouraged to contact their personal healthcare provider or the Student Health Center by calling 909-448-4619 or email
  • Students will be asked call and check-in with Campus Safety at 909-448-4950 upon arrival and departure. Campus Safety will log their name, phone number, email address, symptom check, areas studying in, arrival and departure date/times.
  • When on Campus, students must follow university behavioral expectations, including:
    • Wearing a face covering at all times.
    • Maintaining social distancing, not gathering, and practicing good hygiene.
    • Only one student per study table will be permitted.

Students who do not follow behavioral expectations will be asked to leave.

On-Campus dining options will not be available for students participating in outdoor study spaces.

Getting Textbooks

The Campus Store is open 24/7 online only. Please visit for your textbooks, supplies, and University of La Verne merchandise. Curbside pick-up is currently being offered for online orders at our Main Campus location. Please view current operating hours on our website. Financial aid can be used online beginning August 4. A separate communication will be sent regarding Main Campus Summer rental returns. Register your email on the Campus Store website to receive up-to-date communications regarding store hours, promotions, and more.

The Wilson Library has a listing of free textbook resources available on-line. For additional information visit the Library’s Free Resource webpage.

Credit/No Credit Option for Grades

Due to the extraordinary impact of COVID-19 and the move of all courses online, the university made an exception to its Credit/No Credit (CRD/NCR) policy.  The updated policy, which recently was extended through Spring Term and Semester 2021, allows all undergraduate students to select the Credit/No Credit (CRD/NCR) option for any or all courses in Spring Term and Semester 2021, including those that do not normally have the Credit/No Credit (CRD/NCR) option. Courses taken CRD/NCR are eligible to fulfill General Education requirements and requirements in the major, minor or concentration.


If a student earns the equivalent of a letter grade of C- or higher, the student will receive credit for the course (CRD). If the equivalent of a grade of D+ or lower is earned, the student will not receive credit for the course (NCR). Courses that are taken for CRD/NCR will not be calculated into the student’s grade point average. It is highly recommended that all students meet with their academic advisor before making a decision, in order to understand all possible implications.


Each graduate program will notify its students of the decision to allow the CRD/NCR option in some or all courses within the program. This decision will be made in accordance with licensing and/or program accreditation standards. Courses that are taken for CRD/NCR will not be calculated into the student’s grade point average. For more information on your specific program’s grading policy, please contact your program chairperson or academic advisor.


For all students, the deadline to request the grade option change is May 21st, 2021Requests received after this date will not be processed.

The form is available through your Portal, under Office of the Registrar – Grade Option Change or through the registrar’s website Forms for Download Grade Option Change Form.  The direct link is

Suspension of AW, AP, AD Policy

Suspension of Academic Warning, Probation and Dismissals Policy Spring 2021.  Undergraduate students who were in good standing, or were on academic warning (AW), Academic probation (AP) or Academic Dismissal going into the  Spring Term 2021, and Spring Semester 2021 will continue to be on their respective academic standing tracks regardless of  Winter term and/or Spring term/semester grades. If Winter term and/or Spring term/semester grades improve a student’s GPA to current policy standards, the student would be removed from warning, probation, or dismissal. This policy does not apply to graduate students.

To maintain eligibility for Financial Aid must complete with a passing grade at least 67% of the units attempted each academic year.  Students should consult with the Office of Financial Aid to understand all possible implications.

 This policy does not apply to graduate students.

Support Services and Offices

University offices such as the Wilson Library, Student Accounts, Accessibility Services, and Academic Success Center are operating virtually/online. Students should look to engage those office via phone, email, or virtually.

Please consult the university websites to identify email addresses and phone numbers.

  • Academic Success Center is committed to providing a high level of service , and center operations are continuing through email, telephone, and online appointments. If you have general questions about our services and how to access your account online, please visit our website at If your matter is urgent, try reaching us by phone at 909-448-4342 or email:
  • Academic Advising & Registration – Traditional Undergraduates. Academic Advising will continue to provide services remotely. Additional information about remote services is available here. Students may contact the Advising office via email at or calling 909-448-4510.
  • Career Center –Career Center programs are available online. Please visit Handshake for an updated schedule.  Should you need assistance during this time, please contact us directly at or connect with us on Handshake.
  • The Office of First Generation and Peer Mentoring continues to provide services for students virtually. For questions, comments, or concerns, please email Aracely Torres or
  • Accessibility Services continues to work closely with students with documented disabilities and provide accommodations as needed. Contact or 909-448-4938.
  • Counseling and Psychological Services is conducting appointments virtually. Students (Traditional, Non-Traditional, and Grad) can email (include name, SID, and call back number) to schedule phone appointments. If it’s a crisis, students are asked to call 909-448-4650.
  • Student Health Center is providing tele-medicine for students, staff, and faculty. Appointments may be made for assistance with medical prescriptions refills and medical referrals (as appropriate). Please call 909-448-4619 or email
  • Office of International Services & Engagement. Students are encouraged to contact our office at
  • Wilson Library – The Library building is closed but services are provided virtually. See information on hours and operations.
  • Student Life: ASULV will be continuing to meet virtually and CAB will be providing virtual programs. Student club information will be done through Campus Labs. For more information visit the OSL Webpage


Spring Commencement will be virtual. Additional activities as permitted by public health agencies are being planned and explored. For additional information please visit the Commencement Webpage


The Athletics Department will resume limited outdoor activity beginning in the spring, with appropriate health and safety protocols in place.

Events & New Student Orientation

In-person events will be paused, but the university will still offer events and services virtually. To find a listing of event offerings by departments and student clubs and organizations visit: For more information or questions about hosting events on Campus Labs Engage, please contact

Travel and Study Abroad

All university-sponsored student and employee travel the 2020-21 academic year, including Study Abroad programs, has been canceled unless approved by a member of the President’s Executive Cabinet. The university encourages any community member considering personal travel to review information and adhere to guidelines available on the CDC website.

Residence Halls

The university is planning to fully reopen residence halls in fall of 2021. Students may now apply. Priority will be given to students who have received a COVID-19 vaccine prior to move-in, with an exception process in place. State and county public health guidelines for residence halls  require the university to continue to limit housing to single occupancy rooms and to students with the greatest need for the remainder of the spring semester and term.

Questions should go to

Information for Student Workers

Incoming Students:

Several departments on campus have opportunities for jobs that can be done remotely. Limited essential positions may be available for work on campus. Please visit the Student Employee Job Board to view current job postings.

Current Student Employees:

Student employees may work remotely if their department has work available. Limited essential positions may be available for work on campus. Student employees should contact their supervisor to inquire if remote work or on campus essential work is available.

  • Out of State Student Employees – Please contact so the Office of Human Resources can determine if you can work remotely from out of state. Due to different state labor laws and regulations, an out of state student may not be able to work remotely.
  • Out of Country Student Employees – Due to varying international labor laws and employment regulations, student employees who are living outside of the country cannot work remotely. International students residing in California may continue to work remotely if remote work is available.
  • Federal Work Study: Please contact the Office of Financial Aid if you have questions about eligibility for Federal Work Study. More information regarding the availability of Federal Work Study jobs will be released at a later time.

Additional Questions:

Please contact Terry Dopson, Talent Management Coordinator for Student Employment at for any further questions.

Veterans Benefits

On March 21, the President signed into law S.3503, giving VA temporary authority to continue GI Bill© payments uninterrupted during an emergency. With the passage of H.R.8337, the special Covid rules have been extended December 21, 2021.  For detailed information regarding remote classes and Post 9/11 or Voc Rehab benefits, to include the Housing Allowance, please visit this link:  Go Remote!

International Students

International students who have an active status I-20 and have been enrolled in face-to-face instruction at the La Verne campus prior to the coronavirus pandemic will be able to remain in the United States even if the university is offering fully remote instruction. Students with an active status I-20 that have returned to their home country will be allowed to return to the U.S. to resume their full-time studies remotely or they may do so from their home country and if full-time units are maintained, the SEVIS record can remain in active status. New international students will be able to enter the U.S. to study in Fall 2021 when the University plans to provide appropriate levels of face-to-face instruction. Students are encouraged to contact the Office of International Student Engagement with any questions, at

Information on Wellbeing, Basic Needs, and Managing Stress

Health and Wellbeing Resources

Ways to Manage Fear and Anxiety

  • Get the facts. Stay informed with the latest health and campus information at: and CDC website.
  • Keep things in perspective. Limit worry and agitation by lessening the time you spend watching or listening to upsetting media coverage.
  • Be mindful of your assumptions about others. Someone who has a cough or a fever does not necessarily have coronavirus. Self-awareness is important in not stigmatizing others in our community.
  • Stay healthy. Adopting healthy hygienic habits and follow social distancing guidelines.
  • Keep connected. Maintaining social networks can help maintain a sense of normalcy, and provide valuable outlets for sharing feelings and relieving stress.
  • Seek additional help. Individuals who feel an overwhelming worry or anxiety can seek additional professional mental health support. Students are encouraged to seek help from Counseling and Psychological Services.

Additional resources and strategies on managing stress an anxiety are available through the American Psychological Association website and LA County Public Health.

Campus Resources

  • Counseling & Psychological Services (CAPS) will provide unlimited tele-counseling appointments to all students. Students can access CAPS services by calling 909-448-4650 or emailing
  • The Student Health Center will provide tele health, medical referrals, prescription refills and when appropriate limited service appointments. To access Student Health Center support call 909-448-4619 or email
  • The Leo Food Pantry will provide food boxes once a month. To access food pantry services email

If you are worried about a student, we encourage you to submit an SOS Report. Reports go to CARE team who follow up with individuals as appropriate. Visit the SOS (Student Outreach and Support) webpage for more information.

Community Resources

The University of La Verne provides this list of third-party resources as a courtesy to students, but does not specifically approve or endorse any of the companies or services listed. It is important for students to read and understand any agreements involved in utilizing any of the listed resources. For more information on community resources and agencies go to the Student Outreach and Support webpage.

Disclaimer: University of La Verne does not approve, endorse, or make assurances regarding the above-listed third party companies and resources. These companies and resources are not agents for or under the direction of the university. The university is not a party to any agreement between a student and any listed third-party company or resource. The university does not make and expressly disclaims any warranty, guarantee, or promise of any listed third-party company or resource. Students are under no obligation to use the resources listed.

Tuition and Fees

Tuition and fees for 2020-21 will remain as scheduled, with details available at The University of La Verne will continue to provide education of the highest quality and service. This includes small interactive classes with personalized education and individual attention from professors. Academic instruction will continue to enable all students to complete the semester/term so that academic progress toward their degree is not impeded by the novel coronavirus pandemic.

The cost of instruction, even online, has not decreased, and in certain areas, it has increased because of the costs of adapting to COVID-19. The university has invested in new technologies and professional development for faculty training in preparation for the remote teaching environment.

The university has committed $2.2 million in additional institutional aid to students over the next fiscal year.

A theoretical tuition reduction would impact financial aid packages students have received, which would not be in the best interest of most students. Students would need to be repackaged with less aid if the cost of attendance decreased.

Lab Fees

Laboratory experiences remain a critical component of the educational experience in many of our courses. Departments have identified and investing $50,000 for virtual platforms for many of our laboratory-based courses during the Fall 2020 semester. Some of our upper division and senior capstone labs may have face-to-face format pending state and county mandates and following safety guidelines

For Fall 2020, a reduced laboratory fee of $50 will be applied for Biology, Chemistry, Physics, and Kinesiology lab sections. Laboratory fees for all other disciplines are under review.


The ASULV Fee will not be reduced at this time but will be reassessed in mid-November. ASULV wants to provide an opportunity for clubs and organizations, the Campus Activity Board, and other organizations affiliated with student life to plan a fall semester full of engaging, fun, and meaningful programs, including virtual speakers, online conferences, and other online engagements. Because of the ambiguous and ever-changing situation around COVID-19, ASULV recognizes the importance of the out-of-classroom experience and wants to ensure it does not prematurely eliminate programs.

Orientation Fee

Currently the New Student Orientation fee will not be reduced. The fee helps cover costs associated with programs and services for the transition of new students into the university. The New Student Orientation fee will be used to provide experiences virtually throughout the summer leading into the first day of classes while providing support and resources along the way. While there may be a reduction of costs in certain areas by going virtually, there will be an increase in other areas.

Health Fees

Many of the services associated with the health fee will continue to be offered to students. The Health Center will be providing tele-medicine, which includes medical consultations, referrals to providers for additional services, diagnostic testing, medications and/or and re-filling prescriptions. Student Health Insurance will remain in effect as students are able to use it with medical providers near their home.

Students with questions about Student Health Insurance can call 909-448-4619 or email

How do I know if I have a credit on my account?

Please log on to MyLaVerne Portal and view My Student Account Center. If you see a negative number on your account, you will be receiving a refund within 14 business days of the account going into a credit status. We encourage you to sign up for direct deposit through MyLaVerne Portal. See the step-by-step instructions by clicking here.

For questions about refunds contact Student Accounts at


The option to withdraw remains in accordance with existing policy. Students need to officially withdraw online by notifying the Registrar or the regional campus where the student is enrolled. Informing the instructor of intent to withdraw or not attending classes does not constitute official withdrawal from a course. Accounts of students who have received or been credited with financial aid will have funds returned to the appropriate financial aid programs (lending institution or federal/state programs) before any refunds can be issued to the student.

Policies and procedures on withdrawal and tuition refunds are covered in the “Tuition Credits/Refunds” section of the catalog.

Difficulty Making Tuition Payment

This information applies to all students, including undergraduate, graduate, international, and adult learners. If you are having difficulties making payment, we encourage you to contact The Office of Student Accounts to discuss your payment options. You can contact The Office of Student Accounts by phone at 909-448-4060 or email at

We also encourage you to ensure you have completed the FAFSA application for the current year so you can be considered for all grants, loans, and scholarships for which you may qualify. The FAFSA is available online at

Financial Difficulty Information and Resources

This information applies to all students, including undergraduate, graduate, international, and adult learners.

If I need additional assistance for educational-related costs, can I still accept my federal student loans for the 2020-21 academic year?

Yes, as long as you are enrolled at least half-time you can accept federal loans up to two weeks before your last day of attendance for Spring/Summer.

  • You accept your loans through the Financial Aid section of My La Verne. If you had previously declined the loans, or you had not accepted the full amount of a loan, please contact the Office of Financial Aid at 1-800-649-0160 for assistance.
  • Dependent students, your parent can still apply for the federal Parent PLUS loan online at
  • Graduate/Doctoral students may also apply for additional loan funds through the Graduate PLUS Loan online at

I have been laid off work, what options do I have?

  • First, ensure you have completed the FAFSA application for the current academic year. The FAFSA is completed online at
  • Students who have completed the FAFSA and have subsequently had a significant change in income should contact the Office of Financial Aid at to learn about options.

I am a dependent student and my parents were laid off work, what options do we have?

  • It is similar to students being laid off work. First, ensure you have completed the FAFSA application for the current academic year. The FAFSA is completed online at
  • Students who have completed the FAFSA and whose parents have subsequently had a significant change in income should contact the Office of Financial Aid at to learn about options

I am an international student and my family is having difficulty sending this month’s tuition payment. What are my options?

  • We understand that as a result of the coronavirus pandemic there may be circumstances that delay your ability to settle your student account balance. As such, the university will work with you on a specialized payment plan, or offer a deferral of your account balance through the end of the term and/or summer. If additional financial assistance is needed (not related to your student account balance), please review the information below regarding the Student Emergency Fund.

Financial Aid Q&A (Withdrawals, Direct Loans, and Impact of Prorates)

This information applies to all students, including undergraduate, graduate, international, and adult learners.

How do refunds, prorates impact financial aid awards?

  • Refunds and proration will not impact the federal aid, unless you did not attend a class, you stop attending, or you withdraw from your classes.
  • If university charges are prorated the Office of Financial Aid must also review the university aid to determine if any changes are required.

If I withdraw from my classes, will that impact my financial aid?

Yes, withdrawing from classes can impact your federal aid. Please contact the Office of Financial Aid if you use federal aid (loans or grants), and you are considering withdrawing from your classes. More information is also available at:

If I stop attending my classes, but do not withdraw, will that impact my financial aid?

Yes, if you stop attending before the end of the semester/term it is considered an unofficial withdrawal, and it may impact your federal aid eligibility. Please contact the Office of Financial Aid if you use federal aid (loans or grants), and you are considering withdrawing from your classes. More information is also available at:

Federal Direct Loans

The CARES Act is providing borrower relief by suspending payments and interest accrual until September 30, 2020 for Federal Direct Loans and ED held FFEL loans. This benefit will happen automatically. Visit for additional details.

CRRSAA Act Grants and CARES Act Grants

The University of La Verne has received nearly $3 million from the federal Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act (CRRSAA) that we will distribute directly to students who have exceptional financial need due to the coronavirus pandemic.

 Eligible students will receive a grant of up to $1,000, with the specific amount determined based on each student’s individual financial needs, and with priority being given to students with the greatest financial need. These grants can be used to cover cost of attendance (i.e. tuition) or for emergency expenses caused by the coronavirus pandemic, including food, housing, healthcare (including mental health), and child care.

 The university is following federal requirements for awarding these grants. To qualify for a CRRSAA grant, students must:

  •    Be enrolled at least half time in the upcoming spring semester or term.
  •   Have a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on file, demonstrating eligibility to receive federal financial aid.
  •   Be a citizen of the United States. International and undocumented students are not eligible for CRRSAA grants at this time, per federal guidelines.

Unlike with the previous federal CARES Act grants, there is no application process for CRRSAA grants. All eligible students will be automatically considered. The grants will be awarded by the Office of Financial Aid and Office of Student Accounts based on the information contained in their FAFSA records. The deadline for FAFSA submission for Semester students is February 15, 2021 and for Term students is April 5, 2021.If students have not completed their 2020-21 FAFSA, we encourage them to visit the Office of Financial Aid website for additional instructions on how to do so.

The Office of Student Accounts will distribute the funds beginning the week of February 23 for semester-based students, and the week of April 6 for term-based students. Students who receive grants will be notified via their online portal and by email from the Office of Student Accounts.

 Students who have questions or need assistance with the new CRRSAA grants can visit or may contact


Undergraduate Student Emergency Fund

ASULV, in collaboration with the University, has established an Undergraduate Student Emergency Fund. The fund is made possible by contributions of ASULV, which is supported by the Traditional Undergraduate Student Activity Fee.

The Undergraduate Student Emergency Fund assists University of La Verne traditional undergraduate students by providing limited emergency financial grants to currently enrolled traditional undergraduate students (i.e. in current semester) who are unable to meet immediate, essential expenses due to unexpected emergencies related to COVID-19. All traditional undergraduate students enrolled at the University of La Verne, regardless of major or citizenship are eligible to apply via the Undergraduate Student Emergency Fund Request

Examples of approved expenses are as follows: expenses related to traveling home for an emergency; food insecurity; emergency housing or housing insecurity (including utility bills); access to emergency counseling/psychological services; medical expenses; and other unforeseen financial expenses. The Emergency Fund is not meant to be used/applied towards tuition or to replace wages. Students needing assistance with tuition or tuition payments are encouraged to contact Student Accounts or the Financial Aid Office.

The awards distributed will generally be up to $500. Students may be awarded the financial grant twice, waiting at least three weeks between applications.  For questions regarding the Undergraduate Student Emergency fund, please contact Adrianne Montero-Camacho, Case Manager, at