Welcome to the University of La Verne residence halls where the transformative La Verne Experience lives 24 hours a day in residential life. We are excited to have you on campus for the 2019-2020 academic year! This page contains important information for New Students move-in day. Please take the time to read the details thoroughly to ensure a smooth check-in experience.
If you have questions, please feel free to contact the Housing & Residential Life team for assistance. We look forward to your arrival and the opportunity to help you achieve more than you ever imagined through your very own La Verne Experience.
Room Assignment/Roommate Information
Roommate information will be shared by Friday, August 2nd via email and hard copy letter sent to your home address. A copy of the unloading zone map for move-in day will be attached.
We encourage you to contact your roommate(s), to get acquainted and discuss what each of you will be bringing. You can use your roommate’s screen-name to message them through the housing application by copying and pasting the screen-name into the “To:” box when creating a new message. Please note that your roommates could change prior to move-in.
- Fall Student Athletes: Please check with your coach for your sport approved move-in day/time.
- New Law Students: Check-in is on Friday, August 9th between 9am-5pm at the Oaks Housing Office.
- New International Students: Check-in is on Friday, August 16, 2019 between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. at the Oaks Housing Office. If you will be arriving before or after this check-in time, please e-mail email@example.com to arrange your move-in day and time.
- New Students: Move-in day for new students will be on Wednesday, August 21st, 2019 and is done in conjunction with New Student/Parent Orientation. Please follow your hall/floor assigned check-in times below. Students must follow their hall/floor designated time slot to avoid confusion and long lines. Students will not be allowed to check in until their scheduled check-in time.
|8:00am||4th & 5th Floor||D-Bottom (1st Floor)||102-118|
|9:30am||3rd Floor||All 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Floor|
If you are not able to move in on your designated day and time, you may do a Late Check-In at your designated residence hall during the following dates and times. Please see below:
- Wednesday, August 21, 2019 between 2:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Thursday, August 22, 2019 between 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Friday, August 23, 2019 between 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
If you are a member of a Fall athletics team, please confirm with your head coach for your assigned move-in date and time. Your meal plan will not be available until Tuesday, August 20th at breakfast, so please plan accordingly or check with your coach regarding meals.
New International Students
Check-in is on Friday, August 16th between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. at the Oaks Housing Office. If you will be arriving before or after this check-in time, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange your move-in day and time. Please note that your meal plan will not work until Tuesday, August 20th for breakfast. If you wish to eat in The Spot prior to this, you will be need to pay at the door.
Other Group Move-In Dates:
New Student on Term Track: Sunday, September 22nd
New Law Student: Friday, August 9th
What to Bring
University parking permits will not be required on move-in day in university-owned parking lots. However, parking enforcement will be in effect for all other violations including parking on a Red Lane, in Disabled Spaces, or illegally on city streets.
Certain areas immediately adjacent to the residence halls are being designated as unloading zones – please see yellow zones highlighted on attached campus map. Please park in those areas only while unloading belongings. Once you have unloaded your vehicle, please relocate to other parking spaces or the parking structure near your hall. This will help ease move-in for all residents.
Vista & Citrus Residents:
Please use 3rd & C Street to enter as other entrances will be blocked off to control traffic. To help with traffic flow, please place the included orange or green placard on your car dashboard before entering the University. If you live in Citrus, you will be directed to unload depending on your Wing (A, B, or C).
Please use parking lot H near Oaks Hall to unload. You may enter from any nearby entrance.
All residential students can obtain their FREE R-Resident parking permit beginning August 1st, 2019. Students with cars who wish to park in campus lots should obtain a parking permit as soon as possible at http://laverne.thepermitstore.com.
Meal plans will be active on move-in day. Simply present your student ID at The Spot Dining Hall to start using your meal plan. You may view your Housing Application on the MyLaverne portal to check the meal plan you enrolled in. You may change your meal plan during the first two weeks of the semester or term. To change your meal plan, complete the Meal Plan Change Form available on the left menu under Residential Forms.
New Student/Parent Orientation
New Student/Parent Orientation check-in will start at 8:00 am on August 21st at your designated residence hall. Please visit the following links for more information:
- New Students Orientation schedule: https://laverne.edu/orientation/
- Parent/Guest Orientation schedule: https://laverne.edu/orientation/parents-schedule/
To participate in Orientation activities, please register at https://laverne.edu/orientation/registration/ as soon as possible, if you have not already done so.