The Teacher Education Program (Reading) at the University of La Verne invites applications for an adjunct position. We seek a faculty colleague to join a high achieving, dynamic, and collaborative Department of Education and Teacher Development. Our goal is to prepare professionals to successfully teach in a rapidly changing society and to make positive contributions to the learning of K-12 students. Applicants with diverse backgrounds and urban experiences who can help us achieve these goals are encouraged to apply.
- Earned master’s degree in Reading Education or related field from a regionally accredited institution.
- California Teaching Credential.
- A minimum of three years of successful elementary or secondary teaching experience.
- A commitment to and experience working with diverse student populations.
- Experience with reading assessments and data-driven instruction for students who struggle with reading.
Teach graduate-level teacher education reading/literacy methods courses for both multiple and single subject candidates at any of our campuses (La Verne, Bakersfield, Newhall, Ventura, and Victorville.)
Application: To apply for this position, please contact Judy Henson at email@example.com to request an adjunct faculty application form.
To Apply: Submit your application electronically to Judy Henson at firstname.lastname@example.org. (PDF format preferred.) Please attach the following documents to your electronic submission:
- Adjunct faculty application.
- A three-part cover letter describing: (1) how the applicant’s professional qualifications relate to the position; (2) how the applicant can enhance our students’ understanding of reading education; and (3) how the applicant can help the College attain its goals related to working with diverse students in urban settings.
- A current and complete curriculum vitae.
- A one-page teaching statement.
- Names, addresses (titles and institutions), telephone numbers, and e-mail addresses of three references.
- Unofficial copies of transcripts of undergraduate and graduate degree programs completed. Doctorate transcript, if applicable. (Note: official transcripts will be required if you are hired.)
- Other supporting material relevant to the candidate’s teaching (teaching reviews, staff development reviews.)
For additional information, or informal inquiries, contact Dr. Nancy Walker, University of La Verne Faculty Search Committee at (909) 448-4654 and email@example.com. The review of applications will begin March 2015 and continue until the positions are filled.