In anticipation of President Lieberman’s retirement effective July 1, 2023, University of La Verne Board of Trustees has hired the prominent search firm WittKieffer to lead the national search for the institution’s 19th president.
For those who are interested in learning more about the opportunity, or to nominate an individual for consideration, please visit WittKieffer’s website.
For fullest consideration, candidate materials should be received by Monday, March 6.
This page will be updated periodically as the search progresses.
Presidential Search Advisory Committee
The Board of Trustees, under the leadership and direction of Chair Tony Revier, has assembled a Presidential Search Advisory Committee to provide the perspectives and voices from all stakeholder groups. The Presidential Search Advisory Committee members include:
- Valerie Romero, Trustee, Chair
- Sue Searing, Trustee, Vice Chair
- Michael Abraham, Trustee
- Peter Eckel, Trustee
- Zoila Escobar, Trustee
- Ann Quay Davis, Trustee
- Emmett Terrell, Trustee
- Paul Alvarez, Faculty Senate President
- Christian Bracho, Faculty Assembly President
- Alexandra Burrel, Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
- Shannon Capaldi, Executive Leadership
- Kathy Duncan, Academic Leadership
- Olivia Magby, Graduate Student
- Virginia Manzo, Classified Staff
- Nickolas McLean, ASULV President
- Norman ‘Bruce’ Walton, Adjunct Council Chair
- Ebony Williams, AP Staff
- Walter ‘Wade’ Worthy, Alumni Advisory Board President
In order to capture the voices, input, feedback, and perspectives from the university community, our selected search firm WittKieffer held listening sessions with students, faculty, and staff throughout the month of December.
Additionally, university community members may submit their thoughts directly to WittKieffer by online survey found here.
Dates of past Listening Sessions:
- Tuesday, December 6, 12:00-1:00 pm: Student Listening Session
- Tuesday, December 6, 2:00-3:00pm: President’s Cabinet Listening Session
- Wednesday, December 7, 12:00-1:00pm: Open Listening session
- Thursday, December 8, 9:00-10:00am: University Management Council Listening Session
- Wednesday, December 14, 9:00-10:00am: Board of Trustees Listening Session
- Thursday, December 15, 12:00-1:00pm: Faculty Listening Session
- Thursday, December 15, 1:00-2:00pm: Staff Listening Session