The University of La Verne will have two Commencement events this academic year: Winter (the weekend of January 31) and Spring (the weekend of May 29).
Friday, May 29
- 6:00pm: College of Arts and Sciences
Saturday, May 30
- 9:30am: LaFetra College of Education
- 5:30pm: College of Business and Public Management
Which commencement event am I eligible for?
You academic advisor will clear you to participate in Commencement if you are eligible.
- To participate in Winter:
- You must have successfully completed all degree and program requirements during the preceding Summer or Fall terms, or,
- You must be enrolled in all final coursework during the January Interterm immediately preceding Winter Commencement.
- To participate in Spring:
- You must have successfully completed all degree and program requirements during the preceding Winter Term, or,
- You must be enrolled in all final courses during the Spring term immediately preceding Spring Commencement.
How will I know if I am cleared for commencement?
- The list that shows who has been cleared for commencement is updated on a weekly basis.
- If you believe you are registered in your final coursework, but do not see your name on any of the Commencement Cleared lists, please contact your academic advisor for assistance.
Who will clear me for commencement?
Your academic advisor will be able to clear you for commencement. Please make an appointment with them to make sure your name will be included.
Where can I get my commencement tickets?
You will receive an email from the Office of Commencement on where and when to pick up your tickets.
When will I receive my actual diploma?
For information about your diploma, please visit our Degrees and Diplomas page.
When should I apply for graduation?
For information on graduation, please see our Graduation page .
What is Grad Finale?
- Grad Finale is your “One Stop Shop” for Commencement, and is where you can fill out your participation form, purchase your regalia, invitations, and class rings. You can also take your graduate portraits.
- If you’re unable to attend Grad Finale feel free to visit Jostens to order your regalia.
When and where is Grad Finale?
Grad Finale is Saturday November 16th from 9:00am to 1:00pm in the Citrus Lawn and Courtyard, which is located behind the Abraham Campus Center. Please see the campus map for more information.