When should I apply for graduation?

Undergraduate students should file an Application for Graduation with the Registrar’s Office two semesters prior to the anticipated completion date. Payment of the graduation fee must also be submitted, either online or in-person at Student Accounts in Woody Hall.

If you have a major in International Business and Language, Liberal Arts, Music, Social Science, or any other major not listed in the catalog, you must also submit a major contract – signed by your major advisor – with your application for graduation.

If you have a minor that is not printed in the catalog, you must also submit a minor contract – signed by your minor advisor – with your application for graduation.

How much does it cost to apply for graduation?

The graduation fee is currently set as follows:

  • Undergraduates: $140
  • Graduates (Masters): $160
  • Graduates (Doctoral): $300

This is required of all students, and covers the costs associated with the completion of a degree program, including your degree posting and diploma. For the most up-to-date information on graduation fees, please check Tuition and Fees for the current year

When should I expect to receive my graduation evaluation?

Unofficial evaluations (Degree/Program Evaluations) are available at any time, according to the guidelines listed above.

I received a letter stating that I’m ineligible to participate in the upcoming commencement ceremony. If I planned to participate in a future commencement ceremony, will I need to reapply?

Students are only required to apply for graduation once. Upon applying for graduation, you will be considered for each subsequent Commencement Ceremony, and will receive notification each time regarding your eligibility. You are only able to participate in commencement when notified by the Office of the Registrar that you are eligible.

Can I participate in Commencement if I only have a few units left to complete my degree requirements?

In order to be cleared to participate in Commencement, you must be registered in all of your final courses, and these courses must correspond to a term or semester that will be complete prior to the date of commencement. For example, if you wish to participate in Spring commencement, you must be registered in Spring courses only – early summer registrations will not be considered for eligibility. If you are registered for your final courses at a transfer institution, you must submit proof of enrollment to the Office of Academic Advising.