Victims/Survivors of Sexual Assault

Seek Medical Attention Immediately

The University encourages all victims/survivors to seek assistance from a medical provider and/or law enforcement immediately after an incident of sexual assault or violence, domestic/relationship violence. This is the best option to ensure preservation of evidence, personal health and safety, and provide the option to begin a timely investigative response.

The University, will coordinate with Campus Safety and the Student Health Center, to escort you to a safe place and transport you to a hospital or a sexual assault response center for a medical examination, if needed.  The University can also connect you to a community based confidential Sexual Assault Victim’s Advocate. If you would prefer not to notify the police, you are strongly encouraged to seek assistance from the campus Title IX Manager who can provide you with information on your options, rights and remedies. The campus Title IX Manager is available to assist you in notifying the police, if you wish.

Assistance is available from the University 24 hours a day year-round by calling Campus Safety at (909) 448-4950.

Victims/survivors who promptly seek medical attention benefit from being examined for physical injury, receiving preventative treatment for sexually transmitted diseases, a toxicology examination for date rape drugs, and emergency contraception. In addition, prompt reporting allows for the preservation of evidence, which will only be used if the victim/survivor decides (then or later) to press criminal charges or file civil suit.

Hospitals that treat any physical injury sustained during a sexual assault are required to report it to law enforcement. The victim/survivor may choose whether or not to speak to police at the hospital and do not need to make an immediate decision to press criminal charges. That decision can be made at a later time.

Emergency/Immediate Resources (Including Confidential Resources):

Counseling and Psychological Services – CONFIDENTIAL REPORTING RESOURCE

  • 2215 E Street, La Verne (Corner of 2nd Street and E, North/West Corner)
  • Office Hours: 9:00am-5:00pm
  • Phone number: (909) 448-4105
  • After Hours Emergency Crisis phone number: (909) 448-4650
Office of Religious and Spiritual Life – CONFIDENTIAL REPORTING RESOURCE

Student Health Center –

  • 2147 E Street, La Verne (Corner of 2nd Street and E, South/West Corner)
  • Office Hours: 8:00am-4:00pm
  • Phone Number: (909) 448-4619
  • Emergency/Non-Emergency after hours, please contact Pomona Valley Hospital Medical Center
Project Sister-

24-hour Hotlines/7 days a week

Campus Safety

  • Hours: 24 hours / 7 days a week
  • Phone Number: (909) 448-4950
  • Location: Parking Structure
City of La Verne Police Department

  • Location: 2061 Third Street, La Verne, CA
  • Normal Business: (909) 596-1913
  • Non-Emergency Crimes: (909) 593-2531
  • Emergencies: 911
Pomona Valley Hospital Medical Center

  • The emergency room at Pomona Valley Hospital is County designated SART Center. SART is a victim-sensitive program designed to provide a team approach to responding to sexual assaults. Victims/survivors may take a support person with them to the hospital.
  • 24 Hour Service
  • Location: 1798 N. Garey Ave., Pomona, CA
  • Phone Number: (909) 865-9500

Assistance is available from the University 24 hours a day year-round by calling Campus Safety at (909) 448-4950.


It is important that you take steps to preserve and collect evidence; doing so preserves the full range of options available to you, be it through the University ‘s administrative complaint procedures or criminal prosecution . To preserve evidence:

  • do not wash your face or hands;
  • do not shower or bathe;
  • do not brush your teeth;
  • do not change clothes or straighten up the area where the assault took place;
  • do not dispose of clothes or other items that were present during the assault, or use the restroom ; and
  • seek a medical exam immediately.

If you already cleaned up from the assault, you can still report the crime, as well as seek medical or counseling treatment.  You may consult with the Campus Title IX Manager or Sexual Assault Victim’s Advocate (see contact information above) for assistance as well.