University Regional Accreditation
The University of La Verne is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). Information about La Verne’s accreditation process is available at http://www.wascsenior.org/institutions/university-la-verne.
- La Verne was first accredited in 1955.
- WASC most recently reaffirmed La Verne’s accreditation on July 10, 2012, for a period of eight years.
- The next Comprehensive, Offsite Review is scheduled for fall 2019.
- The next Comprehensive, Accreditation Visit is scheduled for spring 2020.
The College of Education and Organizational Leadership at the University of La Verne is accredited by the Council on Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) formerly known as the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE).This accreditation covers initial teacher and advanced educator preparation programs at the La Verne campus and all regional locations. Education credential programs are state-approved by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing. However, the accreditation does not include individual education courses that the institution offers to P-12 educators for professional development, re-licensure, or other purposes.
- The college was first accredited in spring 2012.
- The next review is scheduled for spring 2020.
The College of Law is accredited by the State Bar of California and was provisionally approved by the America Bar Association (ABA) Section on Legal Education and Admission to the Bar.
- Provisional approval was granted in March 2012.
- A regular review visit took place on February 23-26, 2014.
The Master of Public Administration program is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Public Affairs and Administration (NASPAA).
- The program was first accredited in 2000.
- Re-accreditation occurred in 2007 and in 2014.
- An accreditation visit took place February 24-26, 2014.
- The program is accredited for seven more years until 2021.
The Doctor of Psychology (Psy.D.) in Clinical Psychology is accredited by the American Psychological Association.
- The doctoral program was first accredited by APA in 2003.
- After the 2008 site visit, the program was re-accredited for 5 years.
- The most recent APA accreditation visit was September 26 & 27, 2013.
- The APA Commission on Accreditation approved continued accreditation for 5 years.
The Athletic Training Education Program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE).
- The program was first accredited through CAAHEP (Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs) in October 2003. Subsequently, CAAHEP became CAATE (Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education).
- The most recent accreditation renewal was fall 2009 for 10 years.
- The next review is scheduled for fall 2018 with a site visit in spring 2019.
- The Legal Studies Program is approved by the American Bar Association.