The University of La Verne is on rolling admission. Transfer students may start in the Fall or Spring semester. Although we accept applications after the priority deadlines, there are many benefits to applying by the priority deadlines, including early consideration for merit scholarships and invitations to special events just for admitted students.
- Spring Semester: December 1
- Fall Semester: April 1
To apply for transfer to the University of La Verne, submit the documents below.
- Application for Admission and Application Fee. Complete an application using the La Verne Application for Transfer Admission or the Common Application and submit the non-refundable $50 application fee or fee waiver if you have one.
- Official transcripts. Submit transcripts from every college you have attended to the Office of Admission. We will accept unofficial transcripts for admission consideration, but we will need final official transcripts directly from your school once you complete your in-progress coursework. If you are a veteran, please send us your military transcripts and a DD Form 214.
- Letter of Recommendation (Optional). One letter of recommendation from someone who knows you in an academic setting. Your recommender may upload your recommendation to the application portal or send via email.
Application materials can be uploaded directly through the application process, or emailed to email@example.com
Transfer requirements include:
- 28 college semester units completed upon enrollment at La Verne (Applicants who have completed fewer than 28 units must submit a high school transcript with proof of graduation. Applicants in a dual-enrollment program in high school should apply as a freshmen.)
- 2.7 GPA
- college-level English
- taking college-level coursework in the fall after high school graduation
College-level math (typically college algebra or statistics or pre-calculus and higher) is strongly recommended. Transfer students interested in joining the Honors Program must have a 3.5 GPA to be considered for entrance.