Associate Degree for Transfer

The Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT) makes it easier to transfer from a California Community College to the University of La Verne to earn a bachelor’s degree. Our academic advisors will work closely with you to ensure a smooth transfer process.

What is the Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT)?

The Associate Degree for Transfer is a special degree offered at California Community Colleges. If you complete an Associate in Arts for Transfer (AA-T) or Associate in Science for Transfer (AS-T) degree in select majors from a participating community college, you will be guaranteed admission to the University of La Verne with junior standing.

The ADT means you can transfer your degree in total and will be credited as meeting our General Education requirements toward your bachelor’s degree, with the exception of the La Verne Experience (LVE) requirements. As long as you remain in the same major program and follow the degree pathway plan created at the time of admission, you should be able to graduate in two years.

What are University of La Verne’s ADT Benefits?

Students who earn an ADT in certain majors at participating community colleges will:

  • Be granted priority admission to the University of La Verne;
  • Be allowed to transfer a minimum of 60 units of coursework;
  • And start with a junior standing at the University of La Verne.

Which Degree Options are Accepted by University of La Verne?

The University of La Verne accepts more than two dozen ADT degrees from California Community Colleges.

  • Administration of Justice
  • Anthropology
  • Art History
  • Biology
  • Business Administration
  • Chemistry
  • Child and Adolescent Development
  • Communication Studies
  • Computer Science
  • Early Childhood Education
  • Economics
  • Elementary Teacher Education
  • English
  • Global Studies
  • History
  • Journalism
  • Mathematics
  • Music
  • Philosophy
  • Physics
  • Political Science
  • Psychology
  • Sociology
  • Spanish
  • Studio Art
  • Theatre Arts

How Do I Participate in the ADT?

If you are a community college student who would like to learn more about the ADT, meet with a counselor at your community college transfer center to develop an education plan that puts you on the path toward the AA-T or AS-T.

If you are currently working on an ADT and would like to learn more about transferring to the University of La Verne, contact our Transfer Admissions Counselor, Matt Rinehart at (909) 448-4055.