The Bakersfield Campus is located in the Village at Towne Centre in downtown Bakersfield on the block between 23rd, “M”, 24th, & “L” Streets. The campus is close to Starbucks, Baja Fresh, Flames and Skewers, Juicy Burgers, and the CA-178 East entrance.
Driving Directions and Parking
- From the 99 FWY: Head East on 24th Street / CA-178 East. In 1 mile 24th Street turns into 23rd Street. The campus parking lot is on the left.
- Designated parking lot located on 23rd& “M” Streets. No Permit required.
- Classrooms and offices are located on the second floor of Building “D”. Stairway access is available on either side of the building. An elevator is located on the south/west side of the building.
University of La Verne
Kern County Regional Campus
1201 24th Street, Suite D-200
Bakersfield, CA 93301
Direct Dial: (661) 861-6800
Office Extension: 6800
Fax: (661) 861-6801
Academic advising for regional campus students begins on the student’s first visit to the regional campus or satellite location. Students work closely with academic advisors in selecting a major and in choosing courses each term that best suits their degree and career plans. A professional academic advisor is available for every student.
- Undergraduate/Business Graduate – Kathryn Mears (Lomely)
- Multiple/Single Subject Credentials & Master of Education: Special Emphasis – Maria Ayon
- Special Education – Betty Stachowiak (Messick)
These programs follow an accelerated term schedule:
- Business Administration, B.A.
- Health Administration, B.S.
- Educational Studies, B.A.
- Organizational Management, B.S.
- Public Administration, B.S.
Save Money @ the University of La Verne Bookstore!
- Master of Business Administration for Experienced Professionals, M.B.A.
- Leadership and Management, M.S.
- Education (Special Emphasis), M.Ed.
- Educational Counseling, M.S.
- Educational Leadership, M.Ed.
- Mild/Moderate Education Specialist Preliminary Credential
- Multiple Subject (Elementary) Credential
- Preliminary Administrative Services Credential
- Single Subject (Secondary) Credential
- Special Education Studies, M.S.
- Doctor of Organizational Leadership, Ed.D.
What’s Happening at Bakersfield Campus
Kathryn Mears, academic advisor and adjunct faculty member at the Kern County Regional Campus, is chair of the upcoming 2014 Bakersfield Women’s Business Conference.
Meet the Staff
Rebecca Murillo, M.A.
Associate Director of Admissions
Direct Dial: 661-861-6807
Office Extension: 6807
Regional Campus Director
Direct Dial: 661-861-6802
Office Extension: 6802
Regional Director Teacher Education Program
Direct Dial: 661-861-6809
Office Extension: 6809
Direct Dial: 661-861-6803
Office Extension: 6803
Regional Administrator Educational Counseling/Educational Management
Direct Dial: 661-706-3943
Direct Dial: 661-861-6804
Office Extension: 6804
Lisa Drewry (Hill)
Assistant Program Chair, Assistant Professor of Education, Liberal Studies – Full Time Faculty
Direct Dial: 661-861-6810
Office Extension: 6810
Kathryn Mears (Lomely)
Direct Dial: 661-861-6805
Office Extension: 6805
Bettye Stachowiak (Messick)
Regional Academic Coordinator for Special Education Credential and Associate Professor