The University of La Verne established the Bakersfield campus in 1999 to support the academic goals of working professionals in the Kern County area through quality degree programs in business, education, health administration and more. All classes are accelerated and flexible scheduling is offered to make our education fit your needs, with convenient evening or Saturday schedules designed for busy adult learners.
- Tuition for undergraduate classes is $592 per semester hour. Estimated cost of degree is $26,048. Grants, scholarships, and Federal financial aid is available.
- Tuition for graduate classes is $757 per semester hour. Estimated cost of degree is $25,000-28,766. Federal financial aid is available.
- Tuition for graduate education and credential classes is $623 per semester hour. Estimated cost of degree is $20,559-29,900. Federal financial aid is available.
- Spring 2016 Term: Mar 21 – May 29, 2016
- Summer 2016 Term: Jun 6 – Aug 14, 2016
Advising begins on a prospective student’s first visit to the regional campus or satellite location. Our admissions representatives explain all aspects of our degree programs and empower students to decide whether a La Verne program is right for them. Prospective undergraduates are encouraged to request a preliminary assessment of their prior course work before applying for admission. This evaluation provides an estimate of how many more courses and how much more time will be required to graduate.
After Applying for Admission
Your admission representatives will help you with the admission process, partner with you to plan your courses, and answer any questions as you progress toward graduation.
- The Academic Merit Scholarship is for undergraduate students with a strong scholastic record from previously attended colleges and universities. Click here to learn more. Speak with the campus admission representative for details.
- The New Teacher Initiative Scholarship (for undergrads) is available to those who qualify. Click here to learn more. Speak with the campus admission representative for details.
Class flexibility allows students to work full time as they complete their degree, while small classes create the atmosphere needed to learn from professors and peers.
Personal attention from La Verne staff members means you will never feel like a number; there is always someone with whom you can speak.
These programs follow an accelerated term schedule:
- Master of Business Administration for Experienced Professionals, M.B.A.
- Leadership and Management, M.S. (also available online)
- Education (Special Emphasis), M.Ed.
- M.S. Educational Counseling/Pupil Personnel Services: School Counseling Credential
- Educational Leadership, M.Ed.
- Mild/Moderate Education Specialist Credential
- Multiple Subject (Elementary) Credential
- Preliminary Administrative Services Credential
- Single Subject (Secondary) Credential
- Special Education Studies, M.S.
- Doctor of Organizational Leadership, Ed.D.
The Bakersfield Campus is located in the Village at Towne Centre in downtown Bakersfield on the block between 23rd, “M”, 24th, & “L” Streets. The campus is close to Starbucks, Baja Fresh, Flames and Skewers, Juicy Burgers, and the CA-178 East entrance.
Driving Directions and Parking
- From the 99 FWY: Head East on 24th Street / CA-178 East. In 1 mile 24th Street turns into 23rd Street. The campus parking lot is on the left.
- Designated parking lot located on 23rd& “M” Streets. No Permit required.
- Classrooms and offices are located on the second floor of Building “D”. Stairway access is available on either side of the building. An elevator is located on the south/west side of the building.
University of La Verne
Kern County Regional Campus
1201 24th Street, Suite D-200
Bakersfield, CA 93301
Direct Dial: (661) 861-6800
Office Extension: 6800
Fax: (661) 861-6801
Rebecca Murillo, M.A.
Associate Director of Admissions
Direct Dial: 661-861-6807
Office Extension: 6807
Regional Campus Director
Direct Dial: 661-861-6802
Office Extension: 6802
Regional Director Teacher Education Program
Direct Dial: 661-861-6809
Office Extension: 6809
Direct Dial: 661-861-6803
Office Extension: 6803
Regional Administrator Educational Counseling/Educational Management
Direct Dial: 661-706-3943
Direct Dial: 661-861-6804
Office Extension: 6804
Lisa Drewry (Hill)
Assistant Program Chair, Assistant Professor of Education, Liberal Studies – Full Time Faculty
Direct Dial: 661-861-6810
Office Extension: 6810
Kathryn Mears (Lomely)
Direct Dial: 661-861-6805
Office Extension: 6805
Marcus Duarte Smith
Academic Advisor, Teacher Education Programs
Direct Dial: 661-861-6806
Office Extension: 6806
Bettye Stachowiak (Messick)
Regional Academic Coordinator for Special Education Credential and Associate Professor
Direct Dial: 662-861-6808
Office Extension: 6808