International Graduate Admission
You are considered a graduate international applicant if:
- you currently reside in another country and are not a citizen of the United States;
- you currently reside in the United States and are not a citizen or permanent resident of the United States (studying on a student visa); or
- you meet one of the above AND have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from the US or a foreign country
The following requirements must be completed to be considered an applicant to the university for MOST programs (requirements may vary; please visit the specific program for possible additional/different requirements):
- a completed online general application
- application fee;
- official transcripts from ALL colleges and universities attended that contributed in earning the Bachelor’s degree:
- Official transcripts and certificates (with notarized translations into English where appropriate) from all colleges and universities attended.
- About Transcripts
- a statement of purpose
- two letters of recommendation; and
- proof of English proficiency (one of the following):
- TOEFL (La Verne Code 4381) exam results sent directly from the testing agency to the University of La Verne;
- IELTS, sent directly from the testing agency to the University of La Verne; or
- Completion of level 112 at ELS Language Centers
* Proof of English is waived if you have graduated with a Bachelor’s degree from one of these countries.
Upon admission and to begin the I-20 process, students must also submit:
- La Verne financial statement;
- copy of the passport photo page;
- bank statements; and
- University of La Verne Transfer Form (only from students currently enrolled at a U.S. institution).
We do not require these documents to review your application, but we do require these of all admitted students in order to process the I-20. A non-refundable deposit of $200 must be received in the Office of Admission before an I-20 form can be issued to the admitted student.
Conditional Letter of Acceptance
The University of La Verne offers conditional letter of acceptance among many selected programs within the College of Business and Public Management: Accounting, MS, Business Administration, MBA, Business Administration, MBA for Experienced Professionals, Finance, MS, Gerontology, MS, Health Administration, MHA, and Leadership and Management, MS.
What is a conditional letter of acceptance?
A conditional letter of acceptance is an acceptance letter that is issued mainly to academically qualified overseas applicants who cannot provide proof of English proficiency at the time of application. These applicants may choose to attend an English language school or take the TOEFL or IELTS test in the near future. Once the condition of English proficiency is satisfied, then the applicant may be admitted as a regular international student.
* Please note that the conditional letter of acceptance does not allow applicants to obtain and I-20.