Associate Professor, Education & Coordinator, Off-Campus Child Development Programs
Dr. Cindy Giaimo-Ballard has been in the LaFetra College of Education since 2001. She is an Associate Professor in the Child Development Program and a Regional Academic Coordinator. Teaching students how to use reflective thought processes is a priority. Through reflective practices, students contemplate on the reasons behind their pedagogy while aligning theory to practice.
Current projects focus on:
- mentoring educators in designing nature-based learning environments that support the development of children’s executive function and self-regulation skills.
- assisting educators in developing curriculum that is culturally and developmentally appropriate, anti-bias, and challenges children to solve problems, think critically, and to create which leads to higher order cognitive functions.
As a Regional Academic Coordinator Dr. Giaimo-Ballard has the opportunity to work with a diverse population of students and early childhood professionals. She coordinates and delivers the child development program to all of Los Angeles and Orange County through partnerships with community colleges, early childhood agencies and school districts.
Prior to joining the faculty at the University of La Verne, she taught and administered early childhood programs for over 20 years. Cindy specializes in teaching, Curriculum Development, Infant & Toddler (I/T) Development, I/T Curriculum, and The La Verne Experience focusing on intercultural competence and Nature Deficit Disorder.
Cindy is a member of The National Association for the Education of Young Children, The American Educational Research Association and is a PITC (Program for Infant/Toddler Care) Certified Trainer.
- Ed.D., University of La Verne
- M.S., University of La Verne
- B.S., University of La Verne