Director, Athletic Training Program & Associate Professor, Kinesiology
Main: (909) 448-4440
Sports Science and Athletic Pavillion B109
- PhD: University of North Carolina at Greensboro
- MS: University of Oregon
- BS: Pacific Lutheran University
Appaneal, R., & Granquist, M.D. (In press). A sport psychology consultation with an athlete with injury. In Ivarsson & Johnson (Eds.), Psychological Bases of Sport Injuries (4th ed.) Morgantown, WV: Fitness Information Technology, Inc.
Arvinen-Barrow, M.M., & Granquist, M.D. (In press). Psychosocial Considerations for Rehabilitation of the Injured Athletic Patient. In Prentice (Ed.), Rehabilitation Techniques for Sports Medicine and Athletic Training, 7th ed. Thorofare, NJ: Slack, Inc.
- Granquist, M.D., Hamson-Utley, J., Kenow, L.J., & Stiller-Ostrowski, J. (2014). Psychosocial Strategies for Athletic Training. Philadelphia, PA: FA Davis.
- Granquist, M.D., Hamson-Utley, J., Kenow, L.J., & Stiller-Ostrowski, J. (2014). Instructor’s Guide for Psychosocial Strategies for Athletic Training. Philadelphia, PA: FA Davis.
- Granquist, M.D., & Brewer, B.W. (2013). Psychological aspects of rehabilitation adherence. In Arvinen-Barrow, & N. Walker (Eds.), The Psychology of Sport Injury and Rehabilitation. Oxford, UK: Routledge.
- Granquist, M.D., Podlog, L., Engel, J.R., & Newland, A. (2014). Certified athletic trainers’ perspectives on rehabilitation adherence within collegiate athletic training settings. Journal of Sport Rehabilitation, 23(2).
- Granquist, M.D. (2013). Athletes’ attitudes on treatment seeking, injury reporting, and severity of and playing with injuries. Journal of Athletic Training, 48(3), S-249.
- Granquist, M.D., Gill, D.L., & Appaneal, R.N. (2010). Development of a measure of rehabilitation adherence for athletic training. Journal of Sport Rehabilitation, 19, 249-267.
Awards / Honors
Dean’s Award for Outstanding Leadership (2019): For providing extraordinary leadership to the College through compassion, service, and inspiration to our students and community.
Spirit of La Verne Award – Interfaith Cooperation (2017)
- Excellence in Teaching Award – University of La Verne (2014)
- La Verne Scholars Award – University of La Verne (2013)
- Susan Stout Research Award, University of North Carolina at Greensboro: The role of athlete hardiness and self-efficacy in predicting athletic injury rehabilitation adherence (2007)