Dr. Megan Granquist
Director, Athletic Training Program & Professor, Kinesiology
Main: (909) 448-4440
Sports Science and Athletic Pavillion B109
- PhD: University of North Carolina at Greensboro
- MS: University of Oregon
- BS: Pacific Lutheran University
- Contreras, D., Granquist, M.D., Martin, L. (2023). Examination of stress, sport anxiety, neuroticism, and coping in student-athletes: implications for patient mental health. Journal of Athletic Training (Special Issue Mental Health).
- Cook, S., Granquist, M.D., Wagoner, Z. (2022). Incorporating interfaith concepts in education on patient-centered care. Athletic Training Education Journal (Special Issue DEIA), 17(4):373–379.
- Appaneal, R., & Granquist, M.D. (2020). A sport psychology consultation with an athlete with injury. In Ivarsson & Johnson (Eds.), Psychological Bases of Sport Injuries (4th ed.) Morgantown, WV: Fitness Information Technology, Inc.
- Arvinen-Barrow, M.M., & Granquist, M.D. (2020). Psychosocial Considerations for Rehabilitation of the Injured Athletic Patient. In Prentice (Ed.), Rehabilitation Techniques for Sports Medicine and Athletic Training, 7th ed. Thorofare, NJ: Slack, Inc.
- Granquist, M.D., Hamson-Utley, J., Kenow, L.J., & Stiller-Ostrowski, J. (2014). Psychosocial Strategies for Athletic Training. Philadelphia, PA: FA Davis.
- Granquist, M.D., Hamson-Utley, J., Kenow, L.J., & Stiller-Ostrowski, J. (2014). Instructor’s Guide for Psychosocial Strategies for Athletic Training. Philadelphia, PA: FA Davis.
- Granquist, M.D., & Brewer, B.W. (2013). Psychological aspects of rehabilitation adherence. In Arvinen-Barrow, & N. Walker (Eds.), The Psychology of Sport Injury and Rehabilitation. Oxford, UK: Routledge.
- Granquist, M.D., Podlog, L., Engel, J.R., & Newland, A. (2014). Certified athletic trainers’ perspectives on rehabilitation adherence within collegiate athletic training settings. Journal of Sport Rehabilitation, 23(2).
- Granquist, M.D. (2013). Athletes’ attitudes on treatment seeking, injury reporting, and severity of and playing with injuries. Journal of Athletic Training, 48(3), S-249.
- Granquist, M.D., Gill, D.L., & Appaneal, R.N. (2010). Development of a measure of rehabilitation adherence for athletic training. Journal of Sport Rehabilitation, 19, 249-267.
Awards / Honors
Dean’s Award for Outstanding Leadership (2019): For providing extraordinary leadership to the College through compassion, service, and inspiration to our students and community.
Spirit of La Verne Award – Interfaith Cooperation (2017)
- Excellence in Teaching Award – University of La Verne (2014)
- La Verne Scholars Award – University of La Verne (2013)
- Susan Stout Research Award, University of North Carolina at Greensboro: The role of athlete hardiness and self-efficacy in predicting athletic injury rehabilitation adherence (2007)
Master of Science in Athletic Training
To explore the scholarship and creative works of University of La Verne faculty, please visit the Research Works profiles hosted by Wilson Library.