The Undergraduate Educational Studies Program at the University of La Verne invites applications for an adjunct position. We seek a faculty colleague to join a high achieving, dynamic, and collaborative Department of Education and Teacher Development. Our goal is to prepare professionals to successfully teach in a rapidly changing society and to make positive contributions to the learning of K-12 students. Applicants with diverse backgrounds and urban experiences who can help us achieve these goals are encouraged to apply.
- Earned master’s degree in Education or subject matter field from a regionally accredited institution.
- Evidence of scholarly commitment (conferences, committees, published works)
- Experience Teaching (level dependent upon course)
- Technology Skills (some online/hybrid teaching required)
- A commitment to and experience working with diverse student populations.
Teach undergraduate undergraduate-level educational studies courses at any of our regional campuses.
Applicants must be willing to travel to Bakersfield, Newhall, Ontario, Ventura, and Victorville to teach in the following subjects:
- Foundations of Education
- Children’s Literature in the Classroom
- Instructional Approaches to Physical Education
- Visual & Performing Arts for the Elementary Teacher
- Teaching K-8 Social Studies
- Instructional Approaches to Mathematics
- Science for Elementary Teachers
- Senior Seminar for Educational Studies Majors
Please see the list of Faculty Qualifications for available courses.
Application: To apply for this position, please contact Lisa Drewry at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an adjunct faculty application form.
To Apply: Submit your application electronically to Lisa Hill at email@example.com (PDF format preferred.) Please attach the following documents to your electronic submission:
- Adjunct faculty application.
- A current and complete curriculum vitae.
- A one-page philosophy of teaching statement.
- Names, addresses (titles and institutions), telephone numbers, and e-mail addresses of three references.
- Unofficial copies of transcripts of undergraduate and graduate degree programs completed. Doctorate transcript, if applicable. (Note: official transcripts will be required if you are hired.)
**Please note, all adjuncts are placed into a pool for the course they have been approved to teach. Teaching assignments are not guaranteed each term.
The review of applications will continue until the positions are filled.