The Master of Arts in Teaching Program at the University of La Verne invites applications for adjunct positions. We seek faculty colleagues to join a high achieving, dynamic, and collaborative Master of Arts in Teaching Program. Our goal is to prepare professionals to successfully teach in a rapidly changing society and to make positive contributions to the learning of Pk-12 students. Applicants with diverse backgrounds and urban experiences who can help us achieve these goals are encouraged to apply.
Earned master’s in Education; a commitment to and experience with working with diverse student populations including English Learners; a required minimum of three years of successful elementary or secondary teaching experience; experience with working with adult learners; and experience with assessments, data-driven instruction and technology.
Teach graduate teacher education courses for either or both multiple and single subject candidates at any of our campuses (Main, Victorville, Newhall, Ventura, or Bakersfield).
- A three-part cover letter describing how: (1) the applicant’s professional qualifications relate to the position; (2) the applicant can enhance our students’ understanding of education in California; and (3) the applicant can help the College attain its goals related to working with diverse students in urban settings.
- A current and complete curriculum vita.
- A one-page teaching statement.
- Names, addresses (including titles and institutions), telephone numbers, and email addresses of three references.
- Unofficial copies of transcripts of undergraduate and graduate degree programs completed.
- Other supporting material relevant to the candidate’s teaching, (i.e., teaching interviews, staff development reviews).
Apply electronically. Only electronic submissions will be accepted. Please attach the following documents to your electronic submission: three-part application cover letter, vita, a one-page teaching statement, full contact information for three references, supporting materials (i.e., teaching reviews, staff development reviews), and unofficial transcripts. Please forward all materials to Dr. Anita Flemington, firstname.lastname@example.org