The University of La Verne established the Bakersfield campus in 1999 to support the academic goals of working professionals in the Kern County area through quality degree programs in business, education, health administration and more. All classes are accelerated and flexible scheduling is offered to make our education fit your needs, with convenient evening or Saturday schedules designed for busy adult learners.
- Tuition for undergraduate classes is $625 per semester hour. Average total program cost is $23,000-33,000. Grants, scholarships, and Federal financial aid is available.
- Tuition for graduate classes is between $765-830 per semester hour. Estimated cost of degree is $29,835-38,180. Federal financial aid is available.
- Tuition for graduate education and credential classes is between $590-640 per semester hour. Estimated cost of degree is $19,470-30,720. Federal financial aid is available.
- Winter 2018 Term: Jan 8 – Mar 18, 2018
- Spring 2018 Term: Mar 26 – Jun 3, 2018
- Summer 2018 Term: Jun 11 – Aug 19, 2018
Advising begins on a prospective student’s first visit to the regional campus or satellite location. Our admissions representatives explain all aspects of our degree programs and empower students to decide whether a La Verne program is right for them. Prospective undergraduates are encouraged to request a preliminary assessment of their prior course work before applying for admission. This evaluation provides an estimate of how many more courses and how much more time will be required to graduate. For Pre-Application Advising or questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org
After Applying for Admission
Your admission representatives will help you with the admission process, partner with you to plan your courses, and answer any questions as you progress toward graduation.
- The Academic Merit Scholarship is for undergraduate students with a strong scholastic record from previously attended colleges and universities. Speak with the campus admission representative for details.
- The New Teacher Initiative Scholarship (for undergrads) is available to those who qualify. Speak with the campus admission representative for details.
- Taft College TAG (Transfer Admission Guarantee) Agreement Scholarship
Class flexibility allows students to work full time as they complete their degree, while small classes create the atmosphere needed to learn from professors and peers.
Personal attention from La Verne staff members means you will never feel like a number; there is always someone with whom you can speak.
These programs follow an accelerated term schedule:
- Master of Business Administration for Experienced Professionals, M.B.A.
- School Psychology, M.S.
- Leadership and Management, M.S. (also available online)
- Education (Special Emphasis), M.Ed.
- M.S. Educational Counseling/Pupil Personnel Services: School Counseling Credential
- Educational Leadership, M.Ed.
- Mild/Moderate Education Specialist Credential
- Multiple Subject (Elementary) Credential
- Preliminary Administrative Services Credential
- Single Subject (Secondary) Credential
- Special Education Studies, M.S.
- Doctor of Organizational Leadership, Ed.D.
Our new state-of-the-art campus at 10800 Stockdale Highway sits in one of the city’s most vibrant areas. It is central to where students live and work and surrounded by lively dining, retail, and entertainment space.
Driving Directions and Parking
- From the 99 FWY: Take exit 24 for CA-58 E toward Mojave/Tehachapi. Take a left on Stockdale Highway. The campus is five miles west in the Park at River Walk complex.
- Classrooms and offices are located on the second floor of the building. An elevator is located inside the first floor lobby.
University of La Verne
Kern County Regional Campus
10800 Stockdale Hwy, Ste 201
Bakersfield, CA 93311
Direct Dial: (661) 861-6800
Office Extension: 6800
Fax: (661) 861-6801
Rebecca Murillo, M.A.
Associate Director of Admissions
Direct Dial: 661-861-6807
Office Extension: 6807
Regional Campus Director
Direct Dial: 661-861-6802
Office Extension: 6802
Regional Director Teacher Education Program
Direct Dial: 661-861-6809
Office Extension: 6809
Administrative Assistant II
Direct Dial: 661-861-6803
Office Extension: 6803
Administrative Assistant II
Direct Dial: 661-861-6804
Office Extension: 6804
Lisa Drewry (Hill)
Assistant Program Chair, Assistant Professor of Education, Education Studies – Full Time Faculty
Direct Dial: 661-861-6810
Office Extension: 6810
Kathryn Mears (Lomely)
Direct Dial: 661-861-6805
Office Extension: 6805
Marcus Duarte Smith
Academic Advisor, Teacher Education Programs
Direct Dial: 661-861-6806
Office Extension: 6806
Bettye Stachowiak (Messick)
Regional Academic Coordinator for Special Education Program and Assistant Professor
Direct Dial: 661-861-6808
Office Extension: 6808